Fundamental life questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter eskor25
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eskor25

Guest
I am debating an unbeliever about the so called fundamental questions of life. Please I would like to be directed to a concise treatment from catholic apologetics and evangelical perspective of the fundamental life questions such as the following:

Who am I?
Where do I come from?
What is my purpose?
What happens when I die?
Why am I here? Or “Why do I exist at all”
Where did I come from?
Where might I be going?
Etc

Please I don’t need catechesis on these questions but apologetics.
 
  1. I am a human, who is loved by God.
  2. I come from the hand of God, who created me in the womb of my mother.
  3. My purpose is to love and aerve God, coming to know Him so that I may live with Him forever.
  4. When I die, I will either go to Heaven, if I am free from all sin and its punishments, Purgatory, if I am free from mortal sin but still have the need for purification from the punishments of sin, or Hell, if I have mortal sin on my soul.
  5. Same as 3.
  6. Same as 2.
  7. Same as 4.
 
Richard

Thanks for at least trying to respond. But your responses are not of the depth and quality I asked for. I am asking for materials that will help me in an intelligent debate.

Eskor
 
I am debating an unbeliever about the so called fundamental questions of life. Please I would like to be directed to a concise treatment from catholic apologetics and evangelical perspective of the fundamental life questions such as the following:

Who am I?
Where do I come from?
What is my purpose?
What happens when I die?
Why am I here? Or “Why do I exist at all”
Where did I come from?
Where might I be going?
Etc

Please I don’t need catechesis on these questions but apologetics.
Look up books by Peter Kreeft. He has several books tailored to those specific questions. I believe the ones that would be most relevant are his books “16 Questions” (or was it 21?) and “Three Philosophies of Life.”

Just do an amazon search for “Peter Kreeft”. He is probably the closest thing out there to exactly what you are looking for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top