J
jaytadly
Guest
Merry Christmas to all!
I’m not yet fully Catholic, but am in RCIA and will coming into the Church this Easter, and my (protestant) dad loves to pose q’s to me and other people of faith around him. Anyway, some friends of his were saying they were at a Catholic funeral, and a wake (or something similar) before the funeral and they said a priest was there asking for money “to increase the chances of the person going to heaven”…at least that’s how it was said to my dad.
I’ve heard of indulgences, and the ones that Martin Luther fought against, but had never heard of what sounds to be a similar practice in modern times.
does this sound true, or might you know anything about this?
thanks!!
I’m not yet fully Catholic, but am in RCIA and will coming into the Church this Easter, and my (protestant) dad loves to pose q’s to me and other people of faith around him. Anyway, some friends of his were saying they were at a Catholic funeral, and a wake (or something similar) before the funeral and they said a priest was there asking for money “to increase the chances of the person going to heaven”…at least that’s how it was said to my dad.
I’ve heard of indulgences, and the ones that Martin Luther fought against, but had never heard of what sounds to be a similar practice in modern times.
does this sound true, or might you know anything about this?
thanks!!