Ga., Nev. To Begin Investigations Into Election(200,000 ballots not signature matched))

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gam197

https://www.oann.com/ga-nev-to-begin-investigations-into-election/
Meanwhile on Sunday, the President’s team said Nevada had at least 200,000 votes that were not signature matched by both a machine and a human being as required by law.
Do we have any information on this so-called signature matching on envelopes? It seems that only a few states did that.

Voting methods and equipment by state - Ballotpedia(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Do we have any information on this so-called signature matching on envelopes?
I looked it up today. It is a process called ballot curing, and a lot of the unmatched ballots are unmatched because they are unsigned. The person is contacted and given a chance to confirm that ballot. If it is, then it is counted. This is not a new issue, but with so many mail in ballots, there are probably more. Just know that no one knows who the vote was for until it is “cured” to be counted, and the GOP was pushing for in person voting.

I looked it up today. It is a process called ballot curing, and a lot of the unmatched ballots are unmatched because they are unsigned. The person is contacted and given a chance to confirm that ballot. If it is, then it is counted. This is not a new issue, but with so many mail in ballots, there are probably more. Just know that no one knows who the vote was for until it is “cured” to be counted, and the GOP was pushing for in person voting.
So now 200,000 people have to be called and again how do they confirm it is actually the person whose name is on the ballot? Is this indeed the person they are speaking with because it could be anybody at the end end of the phone.

Just more trouble and another way to get scammed.

I don’t believe they can. You call and ask and I say “sure” how can they be sure that this is the person with a valid ID.

Last edited:
So now 200,000 people have to be called and again how do they confirm it is actually the person whose name is on the ballot?
it is different in each state. They person is contacted by mail and given the instructions and options of how to verify their vote.

it is different in each state. They person is contacted by mail and given the instructions and options of how to verify their vote.
.No on is IDing these signatures on envelopes, it is mostly workers doing the verifying the signature if there even an signature on envelope.

So you have poll counters, just volunteers who sit there and validate whether a signature is indeed a matching signature. I am sure if I went to the bank and wanted to withdraw money no one is going to let a teller verify my signature without an ID. Again it is insanity.

The states are not set up for scanning these mail in votes.

Last edited:
So you have poll counters, just volunteers who sit there and validate whether a signature is indeed a matching signature.
Check on your state. The process may be partially automated.
if I am sure if I went to the bank and wanted to withdraw money no one is going to let a teller verify my signature without an ID.
That depends on your bank. I don’t use my government ID to withdraw cash.
Again it is insanity.
Here, I think that is a description of an emotional disposition, but not an observation or description of a process.

40.png
gam197:
So you have poll counters, just volunteers who sit there and validate whether a signature is indeed a matching signature.
Check on your state. The process may be partially automated.
These states are not automated. It is mainly workers.

So here is the process as quoted b PaulinVA
So, the ballot is mailed to an address.
Someone fills the ballot out
The voter signs the ballot
A witness signs the ballot
The ballot is mailed in or dropped off
The ballot is opened at the elections place
The elections worker confirms the person hasn’t voted already
The signature is checked against a source, mostly drivers license databases
The vote is counted

What steps are risky? Where can the fraud be perpetrated and not caught?

A: Many states will compare the signature on the absentee ballot envelope to the signature on a voter’s file (this could be from voter registration forms, ballot application or the D.M.V.), according to data collected by the National Conference of State Legislatures. Processing a mail ballot is time-consuming and can involve a mix of automation and manual steps. Envelopes need to be opened and ballots flattened to prepare them to be scanned for counting. One type of technology that may be used is automated signature-verification applications, in which a camera captures the voter’s signature from the ballot return envelope as it is being sorted. The image is then compared with the reference image from the voter registration database.
According to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, the lead federal agency responsible for national election security, in the absence of an automated system, election officials may also use a mostly manual process to compare a reference signature, often with a hand-held scanner that lets a worker scan the bar code on the envelope, bring up the voter’s reference signature, and compare it to the signature on the return envelope.

Different states have different review processes if a signature is challenged. For example, the Colorado Election Manual details the process whereby an election judge compares the signature on a ballot with the signature on file. If the judge decides the signatures don’t match, two other election judges of different political party affiliations will be asked to compare the signatures. If they both agree that the signatures don’t match, the county clerk and recorder will send the voter a letter explaining the discrepancy and asking the voter to re-sign a ballot and send it back to them to be counted.
New England is behind the curve on this one. Which states are set up for signature scanning? Not many according to Ballotpedia.

I took screenshots of the whole Ballotopeidia page and you can see there are few states that even check. Elderly poll workers check signatures.(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Interesting that FOX NEWS isn’t even reporting any of this, but then again this OOAN is nothing more than a far right wing rag that peddles false claims and conspiracy theories
Hannity’s reporting, so are others. .

OANN, I’ve never watched too much, I had a severe disagreement with them on one issue. They also predicted a few years ago, that Roy Moore was going to win his Senate race but that said, I think your evaluation is quite harsh.

I would hope one could say they have watched a few hours of the network before saying such.

What I saw was a lot of conventional news as well.

I’d say his comment is apt if one believes it to be true, which many of us do.
Then I have a different definition of insanity.

I am a little protective of American citizens who volunteer with a high civic duty being insulted like they have been. I always know one or two of the poll workers when I vote. They are my neighbors. They just want a fair election. They are not the villains in this drama. The process in place is not ex post facto. It was in place. If there are claims of fraud, then that is something the court can decide and toss ballots as needed. If there was any change that was done after the election, that too is for the courts to decide.

Four years ago, the current president won the electoral college while taking the minority of votes. He did so within the guidelines of our electoral process. This current process only favors the person with the most votes, that democracy thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back