GAMES: "Mass Effect" - Your Thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abbadon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There can be absolutely no justification for such a scene. It is completely puerile. No amount of arguing or twisting logic can justify porn.

Images, whether they computer generated fantasies or not, which are intended to evoke a sexual response are inherently, intrinsically and at all times, evil.

This “game” should be boycotted and the manufacturer shunned.
 
I’ve seen it on the shelves today and was wondering about buying it. I’ve heard conflicting things, though. There’s apparently a sex scene - or one of possible 3. Has anyone played the game and been able to tell whether it’s worth buying despite this? How skippable is the scene? Are there any other things in the game which are “too much”? Does the game actually promote promiscuity or homosexuality in such a way that one shouldn’t buy it?
 
my devout Catholic friends have this game, and I haven’t heard them complaining about the scene. They probably know how to avoid it, or are just mature enough to ignore it.
 
Fallout ruled. 😉 As did Neverwinter Nights, Baldur’s Gate… well, Neverwinter Nights 2 crossed the line and the expansion definitely crossed the line, so that I didn’t finish it.

I’m not very touchy, it just seems I’ve seen too much negative feedback which wasn’t too warranted. If you can actually say the line that sex without marriage is against your morals, that’s much more than in most games so far - even if it would break the romance. So far, it’s been more like you either sleep with the romantic interest or you don’t like him/her.

The way you say the options are, it seems very much in line for a secular-made game. If the scenes were difficult to skip or if they were too graphic, I would refuse to buy the game on principle. This is why I asked.

Well, and I’ve bought the game. 😉

Thanks. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top