C
Catholic_Kenpo
Guest
This thread is mainly to gauge interest in a GT4 challenge series. I’ve seen this done on other forums before, but I was always late or couldn’t otherwise participate. Basically, it works like this: each week, the person in charge of the series will post a car and a track. Each person involved in the series has until the deadline (typically one week) to submit a screenshot of their time. Whoever is in charge then posts results, along with the next challenge. Points are awarded for each of the top 6 positions in each race, and the person with the most points at the end of the series is declared the winner. Should a majority of drivers elect to continue into a new season, I would suggest that a new thread be started, and the winner of the previous series becomes the one to select tracks and cars, and compiles results. This way it gives the originator a little break (assuming (s)he doesn’t win the championship).
I would suggest that we use the GT4 method of points scoring. I believe it looks as follows: (I’ll update later if it’s inaccurate)
1st: 10 points
2nd: 6
3rd: 5
4th: 4
5th: 3
6th: 1
I would also suggest that the series run a total of 10 races. Further rules (such as no wall bumps, must keep at least 2 tires on the track at all times, etc) will be forthcoming assuming that there is enough initial interest. Im guessing that as long as I get more than 5 respondants, we will be ok to start. Should interest be overwhelming, we can revisit the points to allow for more competitors.
Now, any takers?
-CK
I would suggest that we use the GT4 method of points scoring. I believe it looks as follows: (I’ll update later if it’s inaccurate)
1st: 10 points
2nd: 6
3rd: 5
4th: 4
5th: 3
6th: 1
I would also suggest that the series run a total of 10 races. Further rules (such as no wall bumps, must keep at least 2 tires on the track at all times, etc) will be forthcoming assuming that there is enough initial interest. Im guessing that as long as I get more than 5 respondants, we will be ok to start. Should interest be overwhelming, we can revisit the points to allow for more competitors.
Now, any takers?
-CK