Gangnam Style

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crescentinus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
the guy that sings and dances Gangnam Syle was on saturday night live a week ago.
it was the first time i had seen him live, but i had heard of him before that appearance.
he really has had his fifteen minutes of fame. Gangnam supposedly is an area of Seoul in South Korea like Beverly Hills i believe. it is a fun to watch him perform. i didn’'t care for sme of the scenes in the video, but the dancing was good.
You sure know quite a bit about Gangnam style, especially for a senior 🙂

Yes, I also dont’ pay attention to certain scences…but hey its what you make out of it, and its great music.

Not to mention great exercise.
 
It’s no surprise to me that the most popular video in the history of the internet is immodest and perverted. What I noticed in the video
  1. A close up of a young girl’s crotch, while the singer practically drools over her.
    2.The singer crawling between another man’s legs, while the man obscenely engages in a simulated sex act, pelvic thrusts, etc.
  2. A definite hint of homosexuality in a locker room scene.
  3. The singer on a toilet with his pants down.
    If people can't see this video with over a billion hits as the product of a sick mind, it shows how insensitized to immorality they've become.
 
It’s no surprise to me that the most popular video in the history of the internet is immodest and perverted. What I noticed in the video
  1. A close up of a young girl’s crotch, while the singer practically drools over her.
    2.The singer crawling between another man’s legs, while the man obscenely engages in a simulated sex act, pelvic thrusts, etc.
  2. A definite hint of homosexuality in a locker room scene.
  3. The singer on a toilet with his pants down.
    Code:
                             If people can't see this video with over a billion hits as the product of a sick mind, it shows how insensitized to immorality they've become.
To be honest, I have seen the video many times and have only really noticed number 2 (on your list). But I thought that, that was him riding a horse/human as a horse and therefore harmless. But I don’t think it’s as bad as you make it sound.

Maybe it is possible that different people notice different things.

Most people just appreciate the music or watch the real video once and then focus on the parodies (and videos on how to dance it! :extrahappy: ) which makes the song harmless.

I personally like the parodies better.

My stance is like @7 Sorrows S/he commends that the dancing is good… even though it would’ve been nicer to have one or two scenes NOT included in the video.

**It’s what you make it.

What I love about music is that you can interpret a song to mean anything you want it to. Just think about that.**

IMHO Its the song that has given me something to dance to (I usually shy away from dancing)… It’s a dance that everyone can dance! :extrahappy:

–Which is incidentally the reason I’m critical about your post… :dts:

PS: You can dissect the lyrics of almost every song on a popular radio station and will be shocked to find the real meanings–especially with Katy Perry and of course notorious Lady Gaga.

I’m picky with music: I only listen to Coldplay, Beatles, Owl City. (and Gangnam style parodies) And lately I only listen to music on ocasion.

I just see Gangnam style as Korean and harmless. I’m not Korean so why should the lyrics bother me? I’ll just enjoy the dance.

PPS: Bankimoon said he commends Gangnam style (and even danced it) as helping cultural awareness. (Not quite sure what the exact words were).

OFF-TOPIC: PPPS: If you are going to be critical on this genre then the genre is not for you. I respect that. And, I myself, thesedays are finding that I’m staring to dislike this concocted genre. Apart from one or two bands it’s mosty JUNK.

When Gangnam style dies it’s time to listen to REAL music…

oldies … or classical music.
 
At both 48 and 58 seconds of the video you get a suggestion of homosexuality in a men’s locker room. At the 1:37 mark there’s a close up of a young girl’s crotch while the singer makes gestures that certainly seems to indicate “that he want’s that” At 1:54 a young man similiates a sex act while the singer crawls between his legs, and at 3:17 we see the singer getting up from a toilet with his pants down. Of course there are tons of videos that are much worse, but this one is dirty and disgusting as well.
 
At both 48 and 58 seconds of the video you get a suggestion of homosexuality in a men’s locker room. At the 1:37 mark there’s a close up of a young girl’s crotch while the singer makes gestures that certainly seems to indicate “that he want’s that” At 1:54 a young man similiates a sex act while the singer crawls between his legs, and at 3:17 we see the singer getting up from a toilet with his pants down. Of course there are tons of videos that are much worse, but this one is dirty and disgusting as well.
Err, in the East bath houses are not associated with homosexuality.
 
You’ve got to be kidding ? A guy with just a towel around him resting his head on the shoulder of another man with a just towel around him and it doesn’t suggest homosexuality :eek:
 
You’ve got to be kidding ? A guy with just a towel around him resting his head on the shoulder of another man with a just towel around him and it doesn’t suggest homosexuality :eek:
Not as far as I know concerning Korean culture.
 
You’ve got to be kidding ? A guy with just a towel around him resting his head on the shoulder of another man with a just towel around him and it doesn’t suggest homosexuality :eek:
To me it suggested falling asleep leaning on a gangster might be hazardous to your health.
 
Well, this song is stuck in my head for the rest of the night. LOL…
 
Not as far as I know concerning Korean culture.
100% correct Dakota. Homosexuality is extremely taboo in Korea and not accepted in the least. Skinship (term for being touchy feely) is very common among males in Korea. Males even hold hands in some instances. It has no sexual connotation.

I once saw an interview of this Canadian born and raised Asian kid that joined a very famous Kpop group (Super junior). He admitted he thought all of the members were gay because they were touching him and hugging him all the time. He later realized that’s just how they were with each other. It’s very important to look at things through a cultural filter.
 
It’s no surprise to me that the most popular video in the history of the internet is immodest and perverted. What I noticed in the video
  1. A close up of a young girl’s crotch, while the singer practically drools over her.
    2.The singer crawling between another man’s legs, while the man obscenely engages in a simulated sex act, pelvic thrusts, etc.
  2. A definite hint of homosexuality in a locker room scene.
  3. The singer on a toilet with his pants down.
    Code:
                             If people can't see this video with over a billion hits as the product of a sick mind, it shows how insensitized to immorality they've become.
I thought about this thread… I’m posting here again to tack back what I said.

We should avoid profane music, movie scenes, books, etc as they are near ocasions of sin.
 
I’m with you duneman, I didn’t think it was sufficient an apology, given the viciousness of the song. Not to mention the timing of the apology. He apologized because he want to preform in front of the Mr. Obama, who should have said no thank you.
Ditto… society thinks exactly opposite…-with EVERYTHING- The bad people get the attention…

The majority chose Barabas… over Jesus.

Obama also danced it… how can he be so full of himself? He’s probably America’s most immodest and prideful president.
 
Gangam style has now been surpassed by the Harlem shake
Looking back at this fad, all I can say is that it never did become a phenomenon here in Japan - all that’s happened is that it came and went without many people noticing it. On the contrary, it actually did come under attack in some circles on the Net simply due to the fact that it is Korean. (If you ever want to see Japan’s dark side - where people bash Korea (with no distinction between North and South), the PRC, and, well, pretty much anyone and anything - look at the Internet, especially 2channel. There are hordes of them.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top