The definitive declaration was done a long time back that there is no evidence of any supernatural happenings at Garabandal. Support for the bishops position was confirmed by the CDF.
Unless new evidence comes to light that is the valid and in force position of the Church. Please remember that the local Bishops are the competent Church authorities.
Again I don’t want to go through 300+ posts but my understanding is that at least one of the prophecies has already been proven false.
Thistle I do not believe you understand the process accurately nor do you represent the CDF’s comments in a balanced matter…
(a) I believe you will find NO documentary evidence that the CDF “backed” the latest position of the Local Ordinary. The CDF have simply supported “the authority” of the Local Ordinary which for the moment they are not superrogating (which they may do at any time).
(b) The Local Ordinary can only make one of three judgements. The one they have given is NOT what you appear to interpret it to be. They have in fact given the “we cannot establish anything supernatural” judgement. This is hardly a “definitive” judgement. You seem to be confusing it with the “definitely not supernatural” type (negative) judgement…which the Local Ordinary HAS NOT GIVEN.
In other words, as you yourself admit, the jury is still out until such time as more evidence might be available.
So, just like Fatima before the positive Papal judgement many years later, we are in the waiting time and personal, non public belief is acceptable for the moment.
On a personal note, unlike yourself it seems, I have done my homework on all these matters. I even travelled to Spain from Australia precisely to check out Garabandal and speak to some of the people closest to the Visionaries to ascertain the truth as best I can for myself.
There is more than enough half-truth out there for people who just sit in their armchairs with their already pre-formed views to convince themselves either way.
I found nothing contrary to traditional Catholic faith or piety. There are a lot of “side-show” “prophecies” due to one off comments from one or other of the Seers that may well be mistaken.
However wrt the three main predicted prophecies (the Warning, the Miracle at Garabandal, the Chastisement) that have been repeated many times in different ways or corroborated accurately by the other Seers…there has been no incongruity or "failures’ as yet.
They simply have yet to pass - but we do know for them to be true they must be within the lifetime of the main Seer, Conchita, who is to announce the Miracle 7 days beforehand.
As she is still alive (at least one of the other three Seers has died) and now in her sixties it seems not too long to go for Garabandal to be definitively proved or disproved.
Clearly the CDF is playing “the long game” on Garabandal and also waiting in this regard.
As we know that the Pontiff knows the date of the Miracle…this suggests it is still in the future and has not expired…otherwise a decision would already have been made by the Pope himself perhaps.
Personally I see the characteristics of the Virgin Mary all through the events recorded of Garabandal. Esp obedience to Church authority. However if the Church one day says I was deceived, then I will accept that and let it go.
Regardless, her message is true:" lead good lives, visit my Son in the Eucharist, make many sacrifices for each other and the world" for we live in increasingly dark and wicked times.