Garry Willis on C-Span

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Anyone see him? They probably will have the video in the archive.

He was on In Depth.

Gilliam yes I saw it. I was frankly appalled by some of his statements. You know homosexuality is fine and normal and has been going on forever. Besides he knows some admirable people who are homosexuals so that makes it just fine. There is no reason we shouldn’t allow them to marry. You know the Church didn’t invent marriage so it really can be anything we want it to be. Then they launched into the “pedophelia” scandal in the Church without bothering to clarify that those sacred homosexuals he was just lauding were responsible for the problem.

What was your impression? I think he’s probably a good writer but I was so turned off by his comments that I’m not buying any books.

Lisa N

PS Bill Buckley is on now…whew!!!

Lisa N:
Gilliam yes I saw it. I was frankly appalled by some of his statements. You know homosexuality is fine and normal and has been going on forever. Besides he knows some admirable people who are homosexuals so that makes it just fine. There is no reason we shouldn’t allow them to marry. You know the Church didn’t invent marriage so it really can be anything we want it to be. Then they launched into the “pedophelia” scandal in the Church without bothering to clarify that those sacred homosexuals he was just lauding were responsible for the problem.

What was your impression? I think he’s probably a good writer but I was so turned off by his comments that I’m not buying any books.

Lisa N

PS Bill Buckley is on now…whew!!!
In his infinite wisdom:rolleyes: He forgot to mention GOD invented marriage:mad: God also had something to say about homosexual acts! God Bless

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
In his infinite wisdom:rolleyes: He forgot to mention GOD invented marriage:mad: God also had something to say about homosexual acts! God Bless
Well he discounted the Biblical prohibition stating it was"with a bunch of other things that we don’t pay attention to anymore" so I assume he was speaking of the dietary laws in Deuteronomy. OTOH I believe Paul has some comments on marriage and homosexuality that would be more pertinent to a Christian’s thinking not to mention a Catholic. I was at first intrigued because he made much of his faith but when he provided his personal views I was pretty surprised.

He also said the Bible mentioned neither abortion nor contraception and these were “inventions of the Church.” I think the comment on selective memory serves well here. His version of the Bible seems to be missing a few important passages…

Lisa N (thinking there was something about choose life in there somehwere)

Lisa N:
Well he discounted the Biblical prohibition stating it was"with a bunch of other things that we don’t pay attention to anymore" so I assume he was speaking of the dietary laws in Deuteronomy. OTOH I believe Paul has some comments on marriage and homosexuality that would be more pertinent to a Christian’s thinking not to mention a Catholic. I was at first intrigued because he made much of his faith but when he provided his personal views I was pretty surprised.

He also said the Bible mentioned neither abortion nor contraception and these were “inventions of the Church.” I think the comment on selective memory serves well here. His version of the Bible seems to be missing a few important passages…

Lisa N (thinking there was something about choose life in there somehwere)
My sister in-law among the other cards she has tried to pull out concerning abortion is this."where in the Bible does it say abortion is wrong?"I said Thou shalt NOT KILL,she hung up on me:D she always hangs up in those arguments when she loses her footing;) God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back