A
aquohn
Guest
My head is hurting like hell now. What started out as a random comment by a liberal friend of mine has unveiled to me an enormous problem with our modern world that I feel obligated to share.
are pro-gay (see slideshow at bottom)Disney
More pro-gay corporations (and that’s just the fully pro-gay ones).
If you’re not gay, you murder babies
I think you know what I’m trying to say. Evil is more pervasive and deep in society than we realise. I think I may just have ruined your day; I know I certainly ruined mine. I’m writing this on a HP Notebook which my uncle bought from his employer (which is said company). I’m using Microsoft Windows. My email is Yahoo. My default search is Google. I just uploaded a music video to Youtube (owned by bloomin’ Google) about 8 hours ago.
Evil is everywhere. The companies which provide you most of what you have also dole out loads of cash to evil causes like abortion and sodomy. It is practically impossible to be a conscientious consumer (I drank a can of Coke and now I feel terrible. I think I should go for confession).
Now that that melancholy piece of news is over with, there are two problems I’d like to pose:
are pro-gay (see slideshow at bottom)Disney
More pro-gay corporations (and that’s just the fully pro-gay ones).
If you’re not gay, you murder babies
I think you know what I’m trying to say. Evil is more pervasive and deep in society than we realise. I think I may just have ruined your day; I know I certainly ruined mine. I’m writing this on a HP Notebook which my uncle bought from his employer (which is said company). I’m using Microsoft Windows. My email is Yahoo. My default search is Google. I just uploaded a music video to Youtube (owned by bloomin’ Google) about 8 hours ago.
Evil is everywhere. The companies which provide you most of what you have also dole out loads of cash to evil causes like abortion and sodomy. It is practically impossible to be a conscientious consumer (I drank a can of Coke and now I feel terrible. I think I should go for confession).
Now that that melancholy piece of news is over with, there are two problems I’d like to pose:
- There’s plenty of great stuff on Youtube, beautiful chants, enlightening sermons, clips of sacred Tridentine Latin Masses, and of course all the fun stuff, the pop songs, the music videos, the movie trailers, and all that. This very forum uses Google for its searches. Facebook has icons for gay marriage, but there is a Vatican Facebook (and Youtube) page for JPII. These companies may be evil, but what they have produced can be used for good, and is additionally integral to our modern lifestyle (try NOT using Google at all for a week. It’s harder than it sounds!). Is it sinful to use them? Can we be forgiven for using them even with this knowledge (invincible ignorance would have protected you from that before this; sorry about that)?
- Let’s say I’m a student, studying how to make Flash games/animations (Adobe supports Planned Parenthood). Is it permissible for me to, say, torrent Flash Pro and use it to further my education? I deprive Adobe of its baby-murdering funds, and have benefited my education, which may be used to help me in my career and ultimately earn money that can be used for good. This is sort of like stealing from the rich, evil tyrants to give to the poor (in the rather distant future after I graduate). I suppose this is kind of reducible to a Robin-Hood sort of situation. So is Robin Hood moral? And, if you do not think it is reducible, is this moral?