O
Odell
Guest
I was in a good debate on homosexuality the past week on facebook in which I asked a question. If homosexuals were allowed to marry than would it not also be discrimination if we do not allow three people to marry or four? Couldnt they file discrimination as well? What would stop them?
One gay friend said that three and four are not marriage by definition and therefore would not be discrimmination
Another poster said something I wasn’t sure how to respond to. Here is is response…
thoughts??
One gay friend said that three and four are not marriage by definition and therefore would not be discrimmination
Another poster said something I wasn’t sure how to respond to. Here is is response…
Because what I hear you saying is that gays shouldn’t marry because that means that a third (or fourth…) group might then feel discriminated against. Any gay person’s answer should logically and lawfully be “that’s not a problem I’m required to solve”.
How would you have responded? If no one is required to solve anything than to me that is an answer to my point. If no one solves anything than the snow ball will keep rolling with no one to stop it.Neither is the question of parenthood and intact marriages the responsibility of gays to answer any more than it is for divorced parents (or negligent parents, alcoholic parents, etc.)
thoughts??