C
CountrySinger
Guest
I agree!Honestly though…Some women intend…but they can’t have children.
Some women intend…but their husband loses his job.
Some women intend…but their husband dies.
Some women intend…but their husband isn’t the man she thought he was and runs out/is abusive.
Some women intend…but they end up not marrying till late 30’s/early forties. What’s she to do in the mean time?
As for law or medical school, if a woman knows she’s going to stay at home, she doesn’t usually pick those. Friends of mine who want to be SAHM’s but are interested in health care chose nursing degrees, so that they can work nights and be with their kids during the day. Likewise, friends who want to stay at home with kids but want to do something law related will usually choose work as a paralegal.
Women absolutely should be educated beyond secondary school. It doesn’t have to be college, it could be a trade…but still. A) Education is a worthy cause, especially if you’re called to educate your children. B) If something happens to her husband or to the economy, she needs at least that piece of paper showing that she can learn things and finish something.
I agree with chev, who put it more succinctly than I ever could![]()
I would have loved to get married and be a SAHM, but I didn’t. So I’m going to get my master’s in Special Education. the loans will stink, bu the field is so desperate, I’ll pretty much be guaranteed a job.
And if I do get married, I would be perfectly qualified to home school, (in my home state, you have to have a master’s degree within a certain numbers of years in order to teach). That would be my ideal situation, but at least with this degree, I’d be able to support myself. and the field of education is a lot easier to take breaks for parenting as well.
