Generation Y poses new challenges to faith

• Thread starter Thread starter 4_marks
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

4_marks

See the article from the Washington Times

washtimes.com/national/20050412-121457-4149r.htm

It seems that Generation Y will influence the official Church to become more liberal and encourage a “pick and choose” approach. Will there be a traditional backlash? How should orthodox Catholics handle this?

When the Son of Man returns will He find any faith on the Earth?

Wasn’t there a report that showed Atheism down? Maybe it is down for the world, but up for the US.

Quote from the article:
The Reboot study found that 23 percent of Generation Y, like Generation X, do not identify with a religious denomination or don’t believe in God. This is more than twice the number of nonbelievers among baby boomers, or those born between 1946 and 1965, Ms. Greenberg noted. Generation X was born between 1966 and 1979.

"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it"** (Matt. 16:18).

I am a Gen Y and I think the Latin Mass should come back. Revivals come and go, don’t worry we will be fine just keep trying and praying.

I read an interesting book about 2 years ago called, “The New Faithful”. It was about the general trend back towards orthodoxy among young people- Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestant.

I recommend it if you would like a perspective on why and how young people are returning to their religious roots across the spectrum of Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back