Genisis 3:13 - Eve being deceived or beguiled

  • Thread starter Thread starter novusCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

novusCatholic

Guest
Someone is trying to convince my wife’s grandfather that Eve was raped by Satan. The person referred to Genesis 3:13 where in his translation of the Bible, Eve says, “The serpent beguiled me…”. Most translations seem to use the word deceived, and I’ve not heard this interpretatoin of the passage before. After all, it’s in the context of Satan tempting Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. As ridiculous as this all seems to me, a quick Google search does show that this guy is not alone in his suggestion.

I’ve explained that “beguilded” simply means deceived or tricked. If what I’ve come up with is correct, then in the original Hebrew, the word used was ynaysh, from the root word nasha’, which does mean deceive, mislead, trick, etc.

Am I on the right track? Can anyone share any more insights that I can pass on?

Thanks.
 
Well how about if we try looking at this from a really simple point of view, like its a sitcom and see how this plays out.

Eve: What a nice day here in the garden.

Snake: You can eat from ANY tree right?

Eve: Yeppers Peppers, other then those over there.

Snake: You know they are good, try em!

Eve: I am not sure about this…

Snake: (jumps down, brutally rapes Eve, then hides)

Eve: Wow, now that I have been raped by this SNAKE, that fruit really looks yummy… 😃

Come on, that does not even make any sense at all, I think that is just nuts.
 
Only in our over-sexed culture could this theory get any kind of following. Scripture has plenty of examples of sexual sins, politely but unmistakenly described. There’s no reason to read anything into this passage.
 
Well how about if we try looking at this from a really simple point of view, like its a sitcom and see how this plays out.

Eve: What a nice day here in the garden.

Snake: You can eat from ANY tree right?

Eve: Yeppers Peppers, other then those over there.

Snake: You know they are good, try em!

Eve: I am not sure about this…

Snake: (jumps down, brutally rapes Eve, then hides)

Eve: Wow, now that I have been raped by this SNAKE, that fruit really looks yummy… 😃

Come on, that does not even make any sense at all, I think that is just nuts.
ROFL!!! That was genius!
 
…I think that is just nuts.
I agree. I figured that this guy was getting it from somewhere, though, so I did a search. Turns out that there are web sites full of this stuff.

I thought that one of the theologian all-stars here on CAF may have some good material that I could use to shut him down. A common sense approach to reading the passage apparently does not apply.
 
Is this connected to that conspiracy guy who thinks all world leaders are secretly alien serpent men with illusion technology, and that anybody who’s a rapist or a stalker is actually one of these lizard guys trying to destroy the human race?

(I mean, it made a good short story in King Kull, and I liked V as much as anybody, but this guy takes himself seriously!)
 
Is this connected to that conspiracy guy who thinks all world leaders are secretly alien serpent men with illusion technology, and that anybody who’s a rapist or a stalker is actually one of these lizard guys trying to destroy the human race?

(I mean, it made a good short story in King Kull, and I liked V as much as anybody, but this guy takes himself seriously!)
That is real, you should be scared of Lizard guys! In fact you should be SO scared that you buy my lizard guy insurance! For only $100 a month, you will get $1million if you can ever prove that you were attacked by a lizard guy. Please send all money to me at … 👍
 
… my dear friend ,

… my opine , the devil or serpent tempted eve to eat of the forbidden tree only , eve did eat desiring the forbidden knowledge of good and evil which satan said would make her like god knowing good and evil , the sin was pride not diabolical rape at all , and adam and eve did get knowledge of good and evil and interestingly absolutely al and not just man then became good and evil , this is the main punishment from god , we now have a world of good and evil , everything is both good and evil – even god it seems , this is because we lost reality which is purely love , god is rubbing our noses in this knowledge and world of good and evil to teach us a lesson , one example : the sun is very good and we can’t live without it , but it also causes sunburn , heat stroke , skin cancer etc , it’s the same with absolutely everything now , all in our delusional world is both good and evil at the same time , we lost reality and have the opposite of reality now , good and evil are actually nothing , they don’t exist at all in reality , but they do in this delusion , we wanted good and evil so we got it , and with this wonderful forbidden knowledge man now continuously and infinitely judges everything and anything as good or evil , hence man has so many laws and rules in his head it’s not funny , if another or anything complies with his laws and rules it is good and he rewards it , if a man or anything disobeys his laws and rules it is bad and he punishes it , it is all complete delusional fantasy , but man wanted good and evil so god gave it to him and made it real and his whole world revolves around it so one must play gods game as hell is really there in this delusion , but this delusion is not reality , more like a nightmare , and when we finally get reality back we will have no knowledge of good and evil and won’t need to be tested again by god , so will never end up in this mess again , our first parents were tested on behalf of all , our world is the opposite of reality which is the garden of eden but the biggest problem is the forbidden knowledge of good and evil , we are just supposed to be and love – that is all , good and evil are a delusional fantasy and we’re stuck with it for now as said , it is also interesting that gods apple test in itself did not give the forbidden knowledge , eating an apple is not good or evil , but only in failing does one get the forbidden knowledge and do evil , an ingenious test by god for sure , the knowledge of good and evil is total insanity when understood and all are obsessed with it in many varied ways , it can be love and evil , good and bad , right and wrong , correct and incorrect etc etc etc , what i say may sound strange but true if understood fully , i have not explained it all here , so the serpent lied and the forbidden knowledge did not improve us and make us like god , the knowledge of good and evil was given us by satan and as such cannot be trusted , if it was any good and right for us god would have given it to us , but it’s rubbish and came from the serpent himself , why trust it ??? , it’s non – existent nothingness , but it’s real in our non – real delusion and we can go to hell for evil so must play gods game until our unhappy lot is fixed and we no longer have this horrible forbidden knowledge …

… may god bless and love you 👍🙂 ,

… john …
 
As I said, I think that this is a ridiculous theory. But, someone is preying upon my wife’s grandfather, who is in his late 80’s, with this nonsense. A quick Google search showed that this guy is not alone. I found websites full of it. So, in an effort to learn what I could and to gather as much ammo as I could, I posted.

A little more digging has shown that this theory is known as Serpent Seed, Dual Seed, or Two Seed-Line. It has to do with Cain being the off-spring of Eve and Satan. In different variations, it is also ancient. I’ve read that it was actually addressed by Irenaeus in the 2nd. century and Augustine in the 4th. century and of course, declared heresy.

So, it is perhaps not quite as laughable a matter as some you thought. Thanks for your “help” anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top