F
FightingFat
Guest
I’ve been Catholic all my life. I read regularly at mass and always walk to the altar, bow and then go to the lecturn to read. When I finish, again, I turn and bow and return to my seat. When I enter the Church I always genuflect before I sit in my pew.
I’m sure my Mummy taught me to genuflect to the blessed sacrament in the Tabernacle, when I genuflect I say to myself “Jesus I adore you”. I genuflect everytime I pass the Tabernacle.
This Sunday, as I walked onto the altar, I wondered if I was bowing to the Blessed Sacrament, or the Priest- what I mean is, I always thought I was bowing to Jesus in the Tabernacle, but what if I am actually supposed to be showing deference to the Priest?
Do I genuflect when I go onto the altar? Do I genuflect to Jesus and bow to the Priest? Do I make sure that I am bowing to Jesus???
Hmmmmm…I figured I would check with you guys as you know just about everything!!!
I’m sure my Mummy taught me to genuflect to the blessed sacrament in the Tabernacle, when I genuflect I say to myself “Jesus I adore you”. I genuflect everytime I pass the Tabernacle.
This Sunday, as I walked onto the altar, I wondered if I was bowing to the Blessed Sacrament, or the Priest- what I mean is, I always thought I was bowing to Jesus in the Tabernacle, but what if I am actually supposed to be showing deference to the Priest?
Do I genuflect when I go onto the altar? Do I genuflect to Jesus and bow to the Priest? Do I make sure that I am bowing to Jesus???
Hmmmmm…I figured I would check with you guys as you know just about everything!!!