George Soros Appoints Chair of Smartmatic Parent Company to Lead Open Society

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smartmatic and Dominion are competitors, in no way are they the same company. There are some distant interconnections.

Smartmatic and Dominion are competitors, in no way are they the same company. There are some distant interconnections.
They are two separate companies but both of these were used in the election cycle in different states. Smartmatic’s machines use Dominion software is also my understanding…

I think the connection comes from the fact that Smartmatics owned Sequoia Voting machines but sold Sequoia to Dominion.

Changed the original post to reflect that.

Last edited:
Reuters quotes Dominion:
On the Dominion voting website, it states that Dominion has never been and is not currently owned by Smartmatic: “Dominion is an entirely separate company and a fierce competitor to Smartmatic. Dominion and Smartmatic do not collaborate in any way and have no affiliate relationships or financial ties. Dominion does not use Smartmatic software.” (www.dominionvoting.com/)
I looked at dominionvoting.com but did not see this quote, though it is probably there.

I think Sequoia was sold by Smartmatic in 2007 and was purchased by Dominion in 2018. That is not a very close connection imo, and I would be surprised if there was much in common in their software.

I do know.Lord Malloch-Brown was the deputy Secretary of the United Nations and a minister in Gordon Brown’s UK government. IOW, he has an impressive resume and being chairman of Smartmatic is far from defining him.

Soros-Linked Smartmatic Chairman Admits ‘Technology Is Licensed From Dominion’​

The comments came from Smartmatic company Chairman Lord Mark Malloch-Brown, who enjoys intricate financial relations and a “famous friendship” with leftist mega-donor George Soros. During a June 2015 interview with Philippine news outlet ABS-CBN, Lord Malloch-Brown admitted, “…yes part of our technology is licensed from Dominion.”
Recently, the pair claimed they were competitors in order to deflect from the idea that their technologies were both used to defraud people in the United States. **The National Pulse soon after revealed that the companies actually have a non-compete agreement.**
They are not competitors, they have a non compete agreement. These connections need to be looked at if these are going to be USA voting machines.

Last edited:
The motion before me presents the narrow issue of whether the term “in the United States” as used in an October 2009 license agreement, includes Puerto Rico. The license agreement grants the plaintiffs a worldwide (other than the United States and Canada) nonexclusive license to certain technology the defendants developed related to automated voting machines. The agreement’s noncompetition provision prohibited the plaintiffs from selling the licensed products “in the United Stated.” The plaintiffs attempted to sell such products in Puerto Rico. In response, the defendants purported toterminate the license agreement for breach of the noncompetition provision. Thedefendants also ceased performing their obligations under the agreement.
This is from the 2009 ruling in a court case between Smartmatic and Dominion, and gives you a sense of what the license agreement was about and how “noncompetitive” the two companies.

This whole issue is solely to connect Dominion with George Soros for some unspecified reason, probably because Soros is the Boogeyman in many conspiracy theories.

It is a pretty farfetched idea, that George Soros is somehow connected with Dominion because an ex-minister from the UK government was appointed to head a different company that also sells voting equipment. The problems with that are enormous without even reading he rest of he lawsuits.

Soros-Linked Smartmatic Chairman Admits ‘Technology Is Licensed From Dominion’
Apple uses technology license from Microsoft. Netflix uses technology provided by Amazon.

Competitors licensing patents and providing services to each other is par for the course.

This is from the 2009 ruling in a court case between Smartmatic and Dominion, and gives you a sense of what the license agreement was about and how “noncompetitive” the two companies.

This whole issue is solely to connect Dominion with George Soros for some unspecified reason, probably because Soros is the Boogeyman in many conspiracy theories.

It is a pretty farfetched idea, that George Soros is somehow connected with Dominion because an ex-minister from the UK government was appointed to head a different company that also sells voting equipment. The problems with that are enormous without even reading he rest of he lawsuits.
I think no one knows the whole story and that is why they want to hear about who owns these machines and how easily can they be hacked.

Democrats in Georgia did not want the machines, they did not trust them and felt it wreaks of corruption.

It is a pretty farfetched idea, that George Soros is somehow connected with Dominion because an ex-minister from the UK government was appointed to head a different company that also sells voting equipment.
If you read the article it would show a connection.
When moving to New York, Malloch-Brown rented his home from Soros, for what critics allege was priced below market rate.

Noting “they are good friends,” a United Nations spokesperson described the arrangement, as “since both are public figures, they decided to set up the living arrangement as a commercial transaction, rather than a gift.”

In 2007, he was appointed Vice-President of Soros’s Quantum Fund as well as vice-chairman of Soros Fund Management and the Open Society Institute in the same year.

Last edited:
I am not questioning the link between Soros and Malloch-Brown. That is well established.

The problem is the connection between Malloch-Brown, who was head of Smartmatic, and Dominion.

The noncompetition agreement, which are usually only between competitors, was about S licensing voting stuff from D. How does Soros affect Dominion if D gave technology to S? The technology at S came from D, so It was not created under Soros’ influence. D is presumably using a version that has not been influenced in any way by Soros.

If your grandson married the great niece of TS Eliot, could I claim anything you write is derived from him? Or that you influenced Eliot? It does not add up.

Not that there is any point to connecting Dominion to Soros anyway.

I am not questioning the link between Soros and Malloch-Brown. That is well established.
I do not think it is well known.
The noncompetition agreement, which are usually only between competitors, was about S licensing voting stuff from D.
It is about software and that becomes the question and many legislators would like answers but Dominion Machine CEO is no were to be found except he is going to get subpoenaed
by Michigan Senate and is going to have to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back