The_Reginator
Active member
I grew up without a pet in the family.
I brought up my two children and once again there was never a pet.
Two days ago my brother suddenly died. I
My older son - now 22 - had no coping mechanism. I know of friends that obtained pets for this very reason.
Having short-lived pets as part of your family helps people deal with the reality of death.
I brought up my two children and once again there was never a pet.
Two days ago my brother suddenly died. I
ve experienced death before, but this was hard on my university-aged kids. It wasnt too bad for one child – she spent her teenage years with relatives and had to live through the death of pets.My older son - now 22 - had no coping mechanism. I know of friends that obtained pets for this very reason.
Having short-lived pets as part of your family helps people deal with the reality of death.