Getting to know your Guardian Angels

  • Thread starter Thread starter CatholicSooner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatholicSooner

Guest
How do people know whom their G.A. is? I see many posts about people know the name of their angel. Do they just pick one not knowing if it is correct? Do they have a sense? Or do most people not know and just pray to a generic guardian angel?
 
I don’t really know how people find names for their guardian angels. There are only 3 angels given names in the Bible. I don’t think we need to know their names, but if someone would find it helpful to have a name for their guardian angel, I don’t see anything wrong with just making one up. Trying to find out the name of one’s guardian angel sounds a little New Age-y to me and I would avoid that.
 
Thanks! Very helpful.
In sincere and simple faith one can ask his or her guardian angel his name. I remember l0-l5 years ago aproximately, that others had said that they did. Whether it was true I could only guess. I at that time was experiencing what I believe were supernatural events, and I try to use discernment of spirits. I know something about that gift. I did ask my Guardian Angel what his name was. I went for a walk around a park close to my home. There were children playing, and sitting on a merry-go -round. There was a woman apparently teaching them from a Bible. As I came close to her location I could here the words “Obediah, Obediah” It struck me with great curiosity. I went home and looked up Obediah in the Bible, he was one of the lesser prophets, and under his name was given the meaning :“servant of God” I immediately understood, the Angels are indeed,the Servants of God. I have an expression when making the sign of the Cross: In the Name of the Father, and The Son and of Holy Coincidence (The Holy Spirit!) And I do call my Guardian Angel, Obediah. Having faith in the guardian angels in the first place gives glory to God for accepting His word, that we all have guardian angels who guide and protect us and inspire us to believe and love God and to do His will, for we too are servants of God in this world!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top