GI Joe has been taken hostage!

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

AP falls for picture of a 1/6-scale GI Joe action figure portrayed as American hostage

Drudge published it first, then all the MSM followed suite and reported the AP story without any investigation.

Some teenager is rolling on the floor laughing at them all, it turns out it was a hoax.

GI Joe has been taken hostage! Quick - call the Power Rangers!
More here

Hat Tip

COMING UP NEXT: “Islamic Hostage Barbie.” But will the media fall for it again?

Good thing they have editors and fact-checkers and stuff.

UPDATE: Photographic evidence of Osama bin Laden’s capture!

And there’s this exclusive report: "Zarqawi quits al Qaeda, joins C.O.B.R.A."

Heh.

Reader Steve Smallshaw emails: “Is it just me, or does everyone find it both comical and reassuring that the terrorists have been reduced to ‘kidnapping’ action figures and pawning them off as the real thing?”

Yes. And I find it comical – but not reassuring – that so many big media organizations fell for it.

Unfortunately, as Power Line informs us, it’s worse than we thought!

Instapundit http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1590000/images/_1594600_bert300ap.jpg

I blame Evil Bert!

instapundit.com/archives/020909.php

Drudge just posted new information to the “Did Iraqi militants take a ‘toy’ hostage?”

‘It is our doll… to me it definitely looks like it is,’ Liam Cusack of the toy manufacturer Dragon Models USA, inc., tells the ASSOCIATED PRESS. ‘Everything the guy is wearing is exactly what comes with our figure…’ Ladies and gentleman, if this is true, I think this has been the worst 72 hours for al-Qaeda since 9/11, at least in the war of ideas. The Iraqis have just given the inked finger to Abu Zarqawi and his ideas of what is right for the Muslim world, and now the “mujahadeen heroes of Iraq’s Jihadi Battalion” have just pulled off the lamest and least impressive propoganda ploys in the history of warfare.

Those who want to win the war against Islamist radicalism ought to make sure this story gets out far and wide. Let everyone from Algeria to London to Jalalabad know that these guys failed to successfully kidnap coalition troops. Frustrated and unable to achieve any military goal, they try to score a morale win by playing with dolls.

nationalreview.com/tks/054938.html

40.png
gilliam:
Those who want to win the war against Islamist radicalism ought to make sure this story gets out far and wide. Let everyone from Algeria to London to Jalalabad know that these guys failed to successfully kidnap coalition troops. Frustrated and unable to achieve any military goal, they try to score a morale win by playing with dolls.

Where’s Wonder Woman when you need her? And btw does anyone know why they keep covering their faces up and peering out - I mean does anyone know who they are anyway?

I really can’t even believe this. The press needs to hire some young bloggers to bring them up to speed.

Please warn if you are linking us to sites with pictures of near naked women.

gilliam said:
AP falls for picture of a 1/6-scale GI Joe action figure portrayed as American hostage

Drudge published it first, then all the MSM followed suite and reported the AP story without any investigation.

Some teenager is rolling on the floor laughing at them all, it turns out it was a hoax.

GI Joe has been taken hostage! Quick - call the Power Rangers!

Hat Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back