P
PaulGH
Guest
My 8-year-old son plays on a local community baseball team. (It’s similar to Little League, though I don’t think it is officially part of the Little League organization.) He has had the same two main coaches for the past two years, and the team’s season is about to come to an end for this summer.
I would like to buy a small thank-you gift for each of his coaches, in appreciation of them volunteering so much of their time – especially considering that one of the coaches doesn’t even have a son on the team. However, one thing that occurred to me is that I don’t want it to look like we are trying to butter up the coaches to get more playing time for our son (e.g., if he plays for the same coaches next year).
Especially for those of you in the U.S. who have had kids play baseball with volunteer coaches, what do you think? Would it be appropriate for us to give a small end-of-season thank-you gift to the coaches? Or should we not do it? Would it maybe be better to collect money from all the parents (or all who want to contribute) for gifts from everyone? (I considered doing this, but it seems like it could be a big hassle.)
Also, any ideas of what gift to buy? I’m thinking maybe a Walmart gift card, just because I can’t think of anything more creative, and at least that is something that just about anyone could use.
I would like to buy a small thank-you gift for each of his coaches, in appreciation of them volunteering so much of their time – especially considering that one of the coaches doesn’t even have a son on the team. However, one thing that occurred to me is that I don’t want it to look like we are trying to butter up the coaches to get more playing time for our son (e.g., if he plays for the same coaches next year).
Especially for those of you in the U.S. who have had kids play baseball with volunteer coaches, what do you think? Would it be appropriate for us to give a small end-of-season thank-you gift to the coaches? Or should we not do it? Would it maybe be better to collect money from all the parents (or all who want to contribute) for gifts from everyone? (I considered doing this, but it seems like it could be a big hassle.)
Also, any ideas of what gift to buy? I’m thinking maybe a Walmart gift card, just because I can’t think of anything more creative, and at least that is something that just about anyone could use.