Gifts for Validation of Marriage

  • Thread starter Thread starter bnmanninen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bnmanninen

Guest
My DH and I are going to be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary soon . On that day we are having our marriage validated, finally. 😃

My question is what is the normal practice or the normal gift given to priest performing the validation. I don’t want to offend him by giving him something, if it is not a common practice.

Thank you for any and all help!
 
My DH and I are going to be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary soon . On that day we are having our marriage validated, finally. 😃

My question is what is the normal practice or the normal gift given to priest performing the validation. I don’t want to offend him by giving him something, if it is not a common practice.

Thank you for any and all help!
Money.

How much will be local custom. There is typically something that goes to the parish works of charity fund (like $20 or $25) and what you give the priest separately from that is up to you.
 
Well, it’s a wedding stipend. You could ask the parish secretary what typical convlidation donations are.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top