Gifts from the East--What Orthodox love about Catholics

• Thread starter Thread starter PilgrimMichelangelo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that there are few Orthodox parishes and priests around in comparison. Catholics can easily go to confession just about anywhere.
It depends upon the location. In Brasov, at many Orthodox churches, confessions were held every weekday morning before the Liturgy.

Grew up in the OCA (Orthdox Church in America, which is descended but independent from the Russian Orthodox Church).
It’s “descent” is from Ruthenian Catholicism. A priest rejected by a <accurate but derogatory adjectives deleted> bishop went to the ROC, leading to teh OCA

My dear brother, forgive me, but the purpose of the original post was to foster mutual charity and goodwill between Orthodox and Catholics since there seems to be very much a historical enmity in certain quarters.

Although I love a great deal of Catholicism, I am trying to moderate my approach and with prayerful study discern God’s path for my life. There are several things that I struggle with the Catholic Church on, but this is not the time nor the place to discuss those matters.

May our Lord bless you.

Pleas forgive me if I gave the wrong impression in this posting.

There are numerous continents where this is absolutely not the case. Romania is a lucky country in Eastern Europe. Most of the countries of North America, South America, the UK, Western Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia barely have Orthodox parishes. They are very few and far between. In fact, there are more Jews in the US than Orthodox Christians, with Jews being 2% of the US population, and Orthodox Christians being 1%, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back