Girl problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigDL75
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigDL75

Guest
Ok, this will sound kinda funny, I’m just a teenager though, so give me a break! There’s this girl who I’ve just met recently and I really like her; in fact I can’t get her off my mind. The thing is, she has a boyfriend. I just really like being around her; it’s not like a sexual thing, although she is really pretty. So I guess what I’m asking is, is this sinful? Is it sinful for me to have this attraction (because she has a boyfriend). I know it would be sinful for me to act on these feelings and screw things up for her; I wouldn’t do that. So I really don’t know what to do either; any advice?
 
Ok, this will sound kinda funny, I’m just a teenager though, so give me a break! There’s this girl who I’ve just met recently and I really like her; in fact I can’t get her off my mind. The thing is, she has a boyfriend. I just really like being around her; it’s not like a sexual thing, although she is really pretty. So I guess what I’m asking is, is this sinful? Is it sinful for me to have this attraction (because she has a boyfriend). I know it would be sinful for me to act on these feelings and screw things up for her; I wouldn’t do that. So I really don’t know what to do either; any advice?
Since she is not married, I don’t think that it is a sin to have a crush on her or anything (that is if it isn’t a “Sexual thing” as you say). Does put you in an odd situation but, that isn’t a sin. I suggest just using social tact and sin (and the boyfriends anger) will be far from you.
 
Ok, this will sound kinda funny, I’m just a teenager though, so give me a break! There’s this girl who I’ve just met recently and I really like her; in fact I can’t get her off my mind. The thing is, she has a boyfriend. I just really like being around her; it’s not like a sexual thing, although she is really pretty. So I guess what I’m asking is, is this sinful? Is it sinful for me to have this attraction (because she has a boyfriend). I know it would be sinful for me to act on these feelings and screw things up for her; I wouldn’t do that. So I really don’t know what to do either; any advice?
Dude-

God made woman in the Book of Genesis because it was not good for the man to be alone…it was just Adam and a bunch of animals at first. When Adam saw Eve, he was excited because she was like him. Being attracted to women is by God’s design. Just don’t get carried away!

If she has a boyfriend, that’s cool. If you’re fun to be around, she may realize she’s attracted to you more than him. Or he may find another girl that he likes better, and she’ll get dumped! Take it slow, don’t be pushy, and you never know how things might turn out.

Good luck!
 
Ok, this will sound kinda funny, I’m just a teenager though, so give me a break! There’s this girl who I’ve just met recently and I really like her; in fact I can’t get her off my mind. The thing is, she has a boyfriend. I just really like being around her; it’s not like a sexual thing, although she is really pretty. So I guess what I’m asking is, is this sinful? Is it sinful for me to have this attraction (because she has a boyfriend). I know it would be sinful for me to act on these feelings and screw things up for her; I wouldn’t do that. So I really don’t know what to do either; any advice?
Welcome to your teenage years!🙂 I will almost guarantee you that all males go through this at the same stage of life (and often later in life). I certainly did.

What you are feeling is completely natural and not a sin. She is not married and you are not having sexual thoughts (although that is normal, too).

My advice is to continue being her friend. If the attraction is mutual, perhaps you will become boyfriend and girlfriend. If not, you have gained a friend.

Peace

Tim
 
Ok, this will sound kinda funny, I’m just a teenager though, so give me a break! There’s this girl who I’ve just met recently and I really like her; in fact I can’t get her off my mind. The thing is, she has a boyfriend. I just really like being around her; it’s not like a sexual thing, although she is really pretty. So I guess what I’m asking is, is this sinful? Is it sinful for me to have this attraction (because she has a boyfriend). I know it would be sinful for me to act on these feelings and screw things up for her; I wouldn’t do that. So I really don’t know what to do either; any advice?
Not sinful at all. I suspect there is not a guy in these forums cannot relate to your situation. My recommendation is to try and remain her friend and see what happens,
 
What you are feeling is completely natural and not a sin. She is not married and you are not having sexual thoughts (although that is normal, too).
Well that depends on what you define to be “sexual”, and what you define to be “normal”. If you’re having erotic thoughts of another girl - any girl - then this is “normal” in the sense that it happens to everyone because of concupiscence. But it is not “normal” in the sense that it is “good”.

I’m not trying to say that every time you think of a girl erotically you are sinning, of course this is not true. But if you find yourself thinking of a girl erotically, and then you continue to think of this girl in this way, seeing her as some kind of object, then this could constitute sin.

As for the OP, I don’t think his situation applies to this post. My advice would be to be a good friend for this girl, but be careful that you are not seen to be moving in on her at all. If something happens then it will happen. For now though, just be a good friend!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top