G
georgetheseeker
Guest
Hello, I am new here and I’m not Catholic. However, my wife of 17 years is Catholic and we are raising our 3 children Catholic. Although married in a protestant church, our marriage was approved by the Catholic church. And even though I have never converted, I have always respected and supported my family’s Catholic faith. My problem is that without my realizing it, my devout wife lost her faith about a year ago. This all came to light on Nov. 30th when I came home early one day and caught her with another man in our bedroom. At first, she was in denial and said nothing happened and was desperate to repair our relationship. However, in the last few weeks it has come out that she has actually had sexual relations with 2 other men in the past year - possibly more. I know that one of them was only 20 - my wife is 40. I think she is having some serious issues, and although I am deeply pained at the thought of her being with other men, I am willing to work on the marriage. I think it is important for the 3 kids (ages 15, 13, 11), and I believe that we married for life - for better or worse. She now wants no part of it and keeps insisting she wants a divorce. I took her to see our priest, but that didn’t change her mind. Also, I didn’t realize it, but she had quit going to mass and wasn’t taking the kids to CCD. As of 2 weeks ago I have assumed responsibility for getting them to CCD. Even so, my 13 year old son is so far behind in it that he won’t get confirmed this year with his class. I was never a suspicious husband. My wife had such a deep faith that I always felt our marriage was secure. She was even in charge of the pro-life committee at the parish. She refuses to go to counseling or to even talk about ways to improve the marriage. Is this a lost cause and am I fighting a losing battle? Should I just go ahead with her wishes? Or should I keep stalling and trying to talk to her. Also, she is still sneaking around with another man - I caught her talking to him on the phone the other day. They also email each other.
Finally, if I were to finally convert, would I have to get an annullment (could I get an annullment?) if I ever wanted to remarry. I pray it doesn’t come to that. Your prayers and advice please…
*