Go forth and divide

  • Thread starter Thread starter cho_pilo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cho_pilo

Guest
Sen. Santiago also lectured the people’s champ (Manny Pacquiao) when he interpreted the Bible literally when he used the quote “Go out and multiply” to defend his position against the RH bill.

“May I just make a point of grammar please? The Bible does not say, ‘Go out to the world.’ It sounds very much like God is encouraging us to go out and copulate in public,” she said.

“God said in the Bible, ‘Go forth and multiply.’ That meant that God wanted man, not necessarily to literally multiply, but to go out to work with the rest of the human beings of this planet and to apply the stewardship theory. Meaning to say, taking care of each other, who are all in the planet living together,” she pointed out.

Besides, Santiago explained that the Bible was not written by God and not even by any of the eyewitnesses to God since she said it was written at least 70 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

“They are quoting Jesus … but none of them were living when he was around plus they’re quoting God but the Bible says no one has ever seen God. In fact, if we claimed to have seen God, as I said, you are in urgent need of psychiatric care,” she further said.

Some of my questions -
Do you read it that way?
It seems that people go forth and devide as far as interpretation is concerned… 🤷
I think that God meant for a man and a women to get together in marriage and reproduce a family, but I can’t tell people how to read it because I am not sure either.
What is the Church interpretation of the matter about what the text really means?
 
Sen. Santiago also lectured the people’s champ (Manny Pacquiao) when he interpreted the Bible literally when he used the quote “Go out and multiply” to defend his position against the RH bill.

“May I just make a point of grammar please? The Bible does not say, ‘Go out to the world.’ It sounds very much like God is encouraging us to go out and copulate in public,” she said.

“God said in the Bible, ‘Go forth and multiply.’ That meant that God wanted man, not necessarily to literally multiply, but to go out to work with the rest of the human beings of this planet and to apply the stewardship theory. Meaning to say, taking care of each other, who are all in the planet living together,” she pointed out.

Besides, Santiago explained that the Bible was not written by God and not even by any of the eyewitnesses to God since she said it was written at least 70 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

“They are quoting Jesus … but none of them were living when he was around plus they’re quoting God but the Bible says no one has ever seen God. In fact, if we claimed to have seen God, as I said, you are in urgent need of psychiatric care,” she further said.

Some of my questions -
Do you read it that way?
It seems that people go forth and devide as far as interpretation is concerned… 🤷
I think that God meant for a man and a women to get together in marriage and reproduce a family, but I can’t tell people how to read it because I am not sure either.
What is the Church interpretation of the matter about what the text really means?
Several gross errors in her statement.
  1. The quote is from Genesis 8
15 And God spoke to Noe, saying:
16 Go out of the ark, thou and thy wife, thy sons, and the wives of thy sons with thee.
17 All living things that are with thee of all flesh, as well in fowls as in beasts, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, bring out with thee, and go ye upon the earth: increase and multiply upon it.

I don’t know about you, but that sounds to me like a directive from God to increase the population of both humans and animals.
  1. It’s true the Bible wasn’t literally written by God, but it is God inspired.
  2. Although the gospels were written after Jesus’ death, the Old Testament (the Torah) was around from the time of Moses, about 6,000 years before Jesus.
 
Several gross errors in her statement.
  1. The quote is from Genesis 8
I don’t know about you, but that sounds to me like a directive from God to increase the population of both humans and animals.
Are you saying that her interpretation of Go and multiply is her interpretation and hers? If that is tha case, she twisted what God said. It is called Heresy. It is personal decision to cut oneself from Jesus Christ and His Church… 🤷
  1. It’s true the Bible wasn’t literally written by God, but it is God inspired.
  2. Although the gospels were written after Jesus’ death, the Old Testament (the Torah) was around from the time of Moses, about 6,000 years before Jesus.
And as far as I know the gospel of John was actually written by St. John the Apostle. To say that none of the gospel writers met Jesus (Our God) shows her… 🤷

Please correct me if I am wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top