P
Pat_De
Guest
"they came to the nations where they went, they profaned My holy name, because it was said of them, `These are the people of the LORD; yet they have come out of His land.’ 21 **"But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went. **
Concern for His holy name is why?
22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, `Thus says the Lord GOD, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went. 23 "I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD,” declares the Lord GOD, "when I prove Myself holy among you in their sight. 24 "For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. 25 "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean;** I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.** 26 “Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. 28 "You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God. 29 "Moreover, I will save you from all your uncleanness; and I will call for the grain and multiply it, and I will not bring a famine on you. 30 "I will multiply the fruit of the tree and the produce of the field, so that you will not receive again the disgrace of famine among the nations. 31 "Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good, and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and your abominations. 32 “I am not doing this for your sake,” declares the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your ways, O house of Israel!”
33
37 `Thus says the Lord GOD, "This also I will let the house of Israel ask Me to do for them: I will increase their men like a flock. 38 "Like the flock for sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem during her appointed feasts, so will the waste cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they will know that I am the LORD."
God does not change and He saves men the same today as He did yesterday and He did it for His namesake, the Christian is secondary. There is nothing special about you! You are only sinful by nature & is but filthy rags before a holy God. Not one is righteous in His sight. So if He has granted you faith, granted a repentant heart, granted Jesus righteousness, and removed the veil of blindness that the god of this world has blinded all, then rejoice in the Lord your God and give Him first place in all aspects of your life; anything less is sin.
“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!
If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?"
But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
Who has done it from start to finish w/out ANYTHING contributed by religion or self?
Concern for His holy name is why?
22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, `Thus says the Lord GOD, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went. 23 "I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD,” declares the Lord GOD, "when I prove Myself holy among you in their sight. 24 "For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. 25 "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean;** I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.** 26 “Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. 28 "You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God. 29 "Moreover, I will save you from all your uncleanness; and I will call for the grain and multiply it, and I will not bring a famine on you. 30 "I will multiply the fruit of the tree and the produce of the field, so that you will not receive again the disgrace of famine among the nations. 31 "Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good, and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and your abominations. 32 “I am not doing this for your sake,” declares the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your ways, O house of Israel!”
33
Thus says the Lord GOD, "On the day that **I cleanse you from all your iniquities,** I will cause the cities to be inhabited, and the waste places will be rebuilt. 34 "The desolate land will be cultivated instead of being a desolation in the sight of everyone who passes by. 35 "They will say, This desolate land has become like the garden of Eden; and the waste, desolate and ruined cities are fortified and inhabited.’ 36 "Then the nations that are left round about you will know that I, the LORD, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted that which was desolate; I, the LORD, have spoken and will do it."37 `Thus says the Lord GOD, "This also I will let the house of Israel ask Me to do for them: I will increase their men like a flock. 38 "Like the flock for sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem during her appointed feasts, so will the waste cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they will know that I am the LORD."
God does not change and He saves men the same today as He did yesterday and He did it for His namesake, the Christian is secondary. There is nothing special about you! You are only sinful by nature & is but filthy rags before a holy God. Not one is righteous in His sight. So if He has granted you faith, granted a repentant heart, granted Jesus righteousness, and removed the veil of blindness that the god of this world has blinded all, then rejoice in the Lord your God and give Him first place in all aspects of your life; anything less is sin.
“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!
If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?"
But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
Who has done it from start to finish w/out ANYTHING contributed by religion or self?