God chose the weak again

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jguerra
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jguerra

Guest
“No, God chose those who by human standards are fools to shame the wise; he chose those who by human standards are weak to shame the strong.” (1 Cor 1 :27)

Today I fought the temptation to stay home due to stomach trouble. It wasn’t that bad. I drank some water, asked the Lord for strength and walked the 2 blocks to noon Mass. I had plenty of time to read the Scriptures for today (Jan 24, 3rd Sunday Ordinary time), prayed the Rosary and the prep prayers before Mass.

Who should come up to me but one of the regular lectors who complained no one was scheduled to serve and could I please serve at today’s Mass. I didn’t waffle and duck and cover but graciously accepted. I proclaimed the Word for both readings, albeit I chose the short form for the second reading.

I was weak physically but I put my best effort into it. I keep thinking about Colossians 1:24 where Paul says “Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church.”.

Your (name removed by moderator)ut appreciated.

Joe
 
Awesome 👍 I’m having awful stomach troubles too, I don’t know how I could find the strength to do what you did! I made it to Mass all right, but since I haven’t eaten much of anything, I could barely mouth along to the songs 😦

Lol are you just looking for thumbs ups? 😉
 
You’ve got the right Spirit! You are listening to the voice of God in you. It would be great if we all could rejoice in our sufferings. God bless you.
 
Depending on how bad the stomach troubles are and what the cause is, I’ve learned from personal experience that I have limits.

One thing I do know is that in a case of actual stomach flu, there is absolutely no way I can make Mass because when that hits, I’m in no condition to drive safely, so there is no sin in staying home due to illness.

Here’s hoping you feel better, and I’m glad you made it through the day. 🙂

~~ the phoenix
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top