J
John_Ch
Guest
Hi ,
this is my first post in these forums. I am 25 year old and a bit confused with my spirituality. I hope I could be enlightened by your reply. sorry to add this but I need to understand my faith through a universal view, not specifically through Catholic View. In short consider me null and i hope you you could straighten things up for me.
A fact I believe in: God is Love. God Wants us to be happy
Question: what is the importance of marriage ceremony in the eyes of God? if i am committed to my partner in my heart, isn’t that enough? it’s not that i have an issue with Church marriage but i just want to understand the relevance of that. Lets say my partner and I vowed to each other and asked for God’s blessing for our union(by praying together),Is anyone hurt? how could we be breaking God’s commands if we then lived together and brought a family? why focus on ceremonial activities?
Question 2: if i person is married and it happens that after a while for some reason or another, his/her partner changed dramatically. He/She is not the same person he/she used to be when married. For example lets say the man turned to be uncontrollable and violent against his wife( and maybe kids) or maybe the wife was a big liar or such; Why would God refuse divorce? and if divorce happens, wouldn’t it be just for each to look for a second chance to find another partner? Why have Jesus considered it adulterous. What if the marriage lasted a very short period, should the divorced stay single their whole lives?
What does God want from us other then “Love each other, as I have loved you”?
if this is not the right forum to ask these questions, please help him find where i can post these.
Thank You
this is my first post in these forums. I am 25 year old and a bit confused with my spirituality. I hope I could be enlightened by your reply. sorry to add this but I need to understand my faith through a universal view, not specifically through Catholic View. In short consider me null and i hope you you could straighten things up for me.
A fact I believe in: God is Love. God Wants us to be happy
Question: what is the importance of marriage ceremony in the eyes of God? if i am committed to my partner in my heart, isn’t that enough? it’s not that i have an issue with Church marriage but i just want to understand the relevance of that. Lets say my partner and I vowed to each other and asked for God’s blessing for our union(by praying together),Is anyone hurt? how could we be breaking God’s commands if we then lived together and brought a family? why focus on ceremonial activities?
Question 2: if i person is married and it happens that after a while for some reason or another, his/her partner changed dramatically. He/She is not the same person he/she used to be when married. For example lets say the man turned to be uncontrollable and violent against his wife( and maybe kids) or maybe the wife was a big liar or such; Why would God refuse divorce? and if divorce happens, wouldn’t it be just for each to look for a second chance to find another partner? Why have Jesus considered it adulterous. What if the marriage lasted a very short period, should the divorced stay single their whole lives?
What does God want from us other then “Love each other, as I have loved you”?
if this is not the right forum to ask these questions, please help him find where i can post these.
Thank You