E
Epistemes
Guest
I cannot help but feel that God has abandoned me due to pursuing a relationship with my girlfriend, even though there is nothing wrong with her. She is Catholic and attends Mass regularly. She is a very good person, too - much better than me! I don’t think it’s because of her that God has abandoned me, but because of me. I try to live the faith in our relationship; we speak often of religion, and she says she would like to read Story of a Soul with me; I even think of our relationship as a prayer of love and self-giving, it’s the closest thing to the Gospel I’ve lived in a long time, to be sure. But God has abandoned me. I will not stop trying, though, to make our relationship holy. I, of course, pray for chastity on both our parts. Hopefully God will bless our relationship someday.
