A
Amazon
Guest
First and foremost I am still New to Catholicism, so please don’t judge me and scream blasphemy, if anything I still need to be conditioned for the proper view of what the teachings of the Catholic Church are. If anything help me, please.
~
God is Love….
That’s what started it all, what got my RCIA director all mad at me, cause after 2 years of RCIA. She asked me what I thought of it, so I said this: “If God is Love then why did in the OT he go and kill people and the flood and all that?” She was like, “WHAT?” Then asked me what I thought of it, and I said, maybe when God was in his infancy when he first created Mankind he didn’t get everything right. “WHAT?” (guess who said that). I mean cause we were made in his image and his likeness. She says that God is Love, and nothing else. I had to correct her and say that God is a Jealous God (Exodus 20:5). Still looking at me in a disappointed look, I said, "Well if we are made in his likeness then it’s safe to assume that the emotions we have, God too must have, so yes God is Love, but God can be angered just like us, so then God is Wrathful, and God is Love. (I’m beginning to think that we are both seeing this in different Contexts, but not sure as to how to explain it to her.) Then I said, that God sent Jesus to learn the Human Condition. Then she says, NO, God is all Knowledgeable, that he doesn’t Learn, he is Perfect.
But my RCIA director says that my view on this disagrees with the Teachings of the Catholic Church.
She said that God was never an Infant, to which I replied, “Baby Jesus”. To which she said that’s different, he was still born with perfect knowledge and all things Perfect.
I said that, nobody understands what God is, and everything that is written on him is based on Interpretation and Inspiration, so I’m giving my Assumption of the matter cause I haven’t been told differently.
I know that Out of Love, God created the World and Us.
She asks me, so why did he create us for? I said, I guess cause he was bored and wanted some entertainment. Kind of like if I’m bored, I will go out and try to do something constructive, again emphasizing that we are made in God’s likeness.
But I am given the disappointed look and told that I’m wrong.
So I am told I am wrong on all accounts and that she’s going to pray for me.
I then said, I sometimes think our windpipe and esophagus should’ve had different pipes, so the chances of asphyxiating on blocked food wouldn’t happen, and that could have been improved on. She told me to chew my food slower.
So am I in error here? How can I better understand this? I mean using my Bible references as listed above am I in error of understanding that God is Love, or is there another way of interpreting this?
~
God is Love….
That’s what started it all, what got my RCIA director all mad at me, cause after 2 years of RCIA. She asked me what I thought of it, so I said this: “If God is Love then why did in the OT he go and kill people and the flood and all that?” She was like, “WHAT?” Then asked me what I thought of it, and I said, maybe when God was in his infancy when he first created Mankind he didn’t get everything right. “WHAT?” (guess who said that). I mean cause we were made in his image and his likeness. She says that God is Love, and nothing else. I had to correct her and say that God is a Jealous God (Exodus 20:5). Still looking at me in a disappointed look, I said, "Well if we are made in his likeness then it’s safe to assume that the emotions we have, God too must have, so yes God is Love, but God can be angered just like us, so then God is Wrathful, and God is Love. (I’m beginning to think that we are both seeing this in different Contexts, but not sure as to how to explain it to her.) Then I said, that God sent Jesus to learn the Human Condition. Then she says, NO, God is all Knowledgeable, that he doesn’t Learn, he is Perfect.
But my RCIA director says that my view on this disagrees with the Teachings of the Catholic Church.
She said that God was never an Infant, to which I replied, “Baby Jesus”. To which she said that’s different, he was still born with perfect knowledge and all things Perfect.
I said that, nobody understands what God is, and everything that is written on him is based on Interpretation and Inspiration, so I’m giving my Assumption of the matter cause I haven’t been told differently.
I know that Out of Love, God created the World and Us.
She asks me, so why did he create us for? I said, I guess cause he was bored and wanted some entertainment. Kind of like if I’m bored, I will go out and try to do something constructive, again emphasizing that we are made in God’s likeness.
But I am given the disappointed look and told that I’m wrong.
So I am told I am wrong on all accounts and that she’s going to pray for me.
I then said, I sometimes think our windpipe and esophagus should’ve had different pipes, so the chances of asphyxiating on blocked food wouldn’t happen, and that could have been improved on. She told me to chew my food slower.
So am I in error here? How can I better understand this? I mean using my Bible references as listed above am I in error of understanding that God is Love, or is there another way of interpreting this?
