God's body or no body?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim_Baur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim_Baur

Guest
For those who teach non-corporeality, how does the effect the literal interpretations of God’s arm, face, throne, ascending and descending, standing, sitting, to come and to passover, and His eyes?

I am asking to learn, not start an intellectual argument.

Thanks!

God Bless!
 
For those who teach non-corporeality, how does the effect the literal interpretations of God’s arm, face, throne, ascending and descending, standing, sitting, to come and to passover, and His eyes?

I am asking to learn, not start an intellectual argument.

Thanks!

God Bless!
Because no man will ever understand God as He truly is. So for us to appreciate God, He is sometimes quantified within the limits of our understanding. But that is purely for our understanding and not because God literally has those physical attributes. God exists beyond our dimension of existence and we cannot hope to understand anything beyond our existence.
 
John clearly writes that “God is spirit” and the nature of spirit is no physical body. Also, we know that the Son of God took on a human body at the incarnation, so technically, he likely has a physical ressurrected body today (I cor 15) which the nature of goes beyond the mere physcail body we have on earth. But, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are still fully spirit in nature meaning no human body for them. Jesus being fully God and fully Man would still be spirit in nature too with a resurrected human body.
 
God is incorporeal.

How does that affect our interpretation of God’s arm, home, mountain and the like?
 
FCEGM

Yes.

There are different poeple and ideas on the different sites, that is why I changed it and asked the similar question on different forums.

I find this so basic and so important, I hope you understand by concern and problem.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

God bless.
 
FCEGM

Yes.

There are different poeple and ideas on the different sites, that is why I changed it and asked the similar question on different forums.

I find this so basic and so important, I hope you understand by concern and problem.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

God bless.
Jim, I hope this means that you now have neither a concern nor a problem, understanding how anthropomorphic language is employed to describe the Indescribable. 🙂
 
I still do not comprehend God’s incorporeality.

I truly believe it and have some comprehension.

The part where I am preplexed is the affects this has on the rest of Bible.
 
I still do not comprehend God’s incorporeality.

I truly believe it and have some comprehension.

The part where I am preplexed is the affects this has on the rest of Bible.
Jim, a book I think you would find helpful is Frank Sheed’s Theology for Beginners (or his Theology and Sanity which covers the same material on the faith, but with a more developed and in-depth presentation).
 
For those who teach non-corporeality, how does the effect the literal interpretations of God’s arm, face, throne, ascending and descending, standing, sitting, to come and to passover, and His eyes?

I am asking to learn, not start an intellectual argument.

Thanks!

God Bless!
God, being spirit, is incorporeal. God inspired the holy authors to use anthropomorphisms to help us wrap our brain around something that is ultimately a mystery.
 
Jim, a book I think you would find helpful is Frank Sheed’s Theology for Beginners (or his Theology and Sanity which covers the same material on the faith, but with a more developed and in-depth presentation).

FCEGM
Thanks!

I have read the first one at least two times.

The second one, I have never heard about it, thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top