Z
ziapueblo
Guest
Greetings all,
I have been thinking about this recently and I’ll tell you how it popped into my mind. My mother-in-law (Southern Baptist) recently moved out of town and her home is on the market. She had mentioned how “God has one person in mind” to purchase her house. It got me thinking, does God work this way? On one hand, I know that he has a divine plan for us all, his presence is everywhere, miracles are happening on a regular basis around the world, and He answers our prayers (especially in ways in which we do not exactly see
). At the same time, as in the case with my mother-in-law, does God single people out in this way? Whether when buying a home, meeting a spouse, getting an A on a test? It seems like, to me anyway, that we are then some sort of pawns on a chest board in which He is playing, and I don’t believe that to be the case.
So, just for my own understanding, how do I tackle this question, Gods divine plan and our own free will? I’m sure it’s right there in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, I’m just to lazy to look for it, LOL!
Thank you all and God bless!
ZP
I have been thinking about this recently and I’ll tell you how it popped into my mind. My mother-in-law (Southern Baptist) recently moved out of town and her home is on the market. She had mentioned how “God has one person in mind” to purchase her house. It got me thinking, does God work this way? On one hand, I know that he has a divine plan for us all, his presence is everywhere, miracles are happening on a regular basis around the world, and He answers our prayers (especially in ways in which we do not exactly see
So, just for my own understanding, how do I tackle this question, Gods divine plan and our own free will? I’m sure it’s right there in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, I’m just to lazy to look for it, LOL!
Thank you all and God bless!
ZP