God's love.

  • Thread starter Thread starter WesleyF
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WesleyF

Guest
I want to know more about God’s love and especially how God reacts when we sin.
 
I want to know more about God’s love and especially how God reacts when we sin.
I believe this can only be known through meditation. Maybe you should sit in an empty church and pounder this. So many difficult answers come through meditation!

God Bless
 
I agree with Robert, and also read the Gospels and see how Jesus reacts to people who sin! 🙂 like the Prodigal Son or the sinful woman with the perfume…

well the truth is that God’s love is unconditional and He never leaves us, but we are the ones who walk away from Him… when we commit a mortal sin, He waits for us to come back and draws us back… and Heaven rejoices when we repent 🙂 God’s mercy is greater than our sins. Maybe it might help you to read about the Divine Mercy devotion…

I heard the best confession is made when the person has great contrition for their sins but also great trust in God’s mercy. If we distrust, we would receive less. Distrust hurts Jesus even more than our sins do.

God bless
 
Watch “Mother Angelica Live Classics” or maybe one of her scripture readings. She talks a lot about this subject.
 
I want to know more about God’s love and especially how God reacts when we sin.
Just look at the cross. I mean really look at it. Think about it. God loves you so intensely. I always say that God doesn’t just love you; He is in love with you. It’s real, personnal, overflowing emotional love. Nothing in the world is like God’s love. He is a reckless lover. When we sin it grieves Him to the point of death. In the garden of Gethsemene, Jesus said,“My soul is sorrowful, even unto death.” He sweat blood because of the geatness of His agony at considering our sins. It’s a Divine Romance and our God is pursuing us. The Heart of Christ is longing for us. His greatest pain is when we turn away.
 
I agree with Robert, and also read the Gospels and see how Jesus reacts to people who sin! 🙂 like the Prodigal Son or the sinful woman with the perfume…
Hmmm…
I heard the best confession is made when the person has great contrition for their sins but also great trust in God’s mercy. If we distrust, we would receive less. Distrust hurts Jesus even more than our sins do.
That helped.

I will go to confession very soon.
 
I want to know more about God’s love and especially how God reacts when we sin.
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Wesley, nothing that we do nor anything that happens to us will ever cause God’s love to fail.
God will always love us, He is unchanging! 🙂

Now, our feelings change when we sin, we become ashamed and sometimes afraid. Going to confession will do wonders and healing for your soul. Reading the Holy Scriptures will encourage and inspire you to live correctly. Spending time in prayer will develop your relationship with God.

God is good and His mercy endures forever!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top