I thought I was told at some point that God allows the devil to “attack” us but has restrictions.
For example:
I thought I was told that the devil was not able to read a persons thoughts.
Is this true or not? If the devil has restrictions about who God allows him to attack. And how. And to what extent. Please specify those restrictions. Thank you.
The devil cannot read our minds.
Take a look at Job, where the devil said to God, “I guarantee that if you let me do so and so to Job he will curse You”. God gave the right (your first answer) to satin through these evil actions against Job, Job replied with “The Lord gives and the Lord takes blessed be the name of the Lord” ( your second answer that had satin known Job would bless God he would not have done what he did).
Now a point here, is that God knows our every action we have, will, and do do. It was at that purfect time that God asked that question to satin because God knew what response Job would have to the inflictions by satin against him.
One reason is because God wanted that informaion to be put in the bible for people ( God’s children, us) in the future and to show us how to respond to such situations.
Mankind is made to God’s likeness.
That likeness of God is in the spirit, not the flesh; the spirit of God is LOVE satin CANNOT love. God’s love for His children is MERCY an His mercy allows for default and mistakes that is the great love of God for his children.