God's Seven Wonders

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tata60
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tata60

Guest
I am teaching a first-grade level Sunday School Class. Next week I have to explain God’s Seven Wonders, and I am in need of help. Remember these are first-graders. I have searched and found God’s seven wonders as *seeing, *hearing, * touching, tasting, * feeling, *laughing, and *loving. On another search I found-*Wisdom, *Understanding, *Counsel, *Fortitude, *Knowledge, *Piety, and *Fear of the Lord. Would I be wrong to teach the simpler seven wonders, as these are 6 year olds? Please advise. Thank you!
 
I am intrigued. I’ve never heard of God’s Seven Wonders before.

If one list is based on the Fruits/Gifts of the Spirit, my inclination would be to head in that direction as it is something that ties in with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

But that could just be me…
 
On another search I found-*Wisdom, *Understanding, *Counsel, *Fortitude, *Knowledge, *Piety, and *Fear of the Lord.
I vever heard of ‘God’s seven wonders’, what you are listing here are “The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit”

Catholic.com has an article here: catholic.com/thisrock/2006/0612uan.asp regarding the seven gifts.

Isaiah 11:2 speaks about them: ““The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.””

In simple terms they are:
Gifts of the Holy Spirit enable us to live a holy Christian life. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are:
**Wisdom **- desire for the things of God, and to direct our whole life and all our actions to His honor and glory
Understanding - enable us to know more clearly the mysteries of faith
**Counsel **- warn us of the deceits of the devil, and of the dangers to salvation
Fortitude - strengthen us to do the will of God in all things
Knowledge - enable us to discover the will of God in all things
Piety - love God as a Father, and obey Him because we love Him
Fear of the Lord - have a dread of sin and fear of offending God
They have little or nothing to do with:
I have searched and found God’s seven wonders as *seeing, *hearing, * touching, tasting, * feeling, *laughing, and *loving.
I think you’d better just explain in simple terms the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit, without dumbing it down with the ‘seven wonders’ thing, because it will only confuse them in the long run.
 
Yeah, I would just teach the Seven GIfts of the Holy Spirit. 🤷👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top