A
angell1
Guest
I’m wondering if you guys have any ideas
so I do understand that suffering can be punishment ofr sin, either our own, or someon else’s, or else as a way to sanctify us
and I do realize that without bad things happening sometimes, good things can’t happen. or at least we wouldn’t know the difference.
but I guess I still struggle with the concept, some things are just really horrible, rape, murder, etC… and God is often compared to our parents. but if you knew your child was about to get raped, or murdered, wouldn’t you try and stop it? and I do believe that God does intervene sometimes, we just don’t know. for example, anyone of us could have died today but maybe God protected us from something that we didn’t know was going to happen. but wouldn’t this violate free will then? if god stopped the hypothetical murderer or rapist?
and what about the things that aren’t a result of sin? natural disasters or just random accidents?
I hope I’m making sense. basically, I’m trying to figure out if God sometimes does intervene in certain things and why not others? and if he does intervene, how does that not violate free will
there is a lot of evil in the world, and sometimes I just don’t know what it’s all for
so I do understand that suffering can be punishment ofr sin, either our own, or someon else’s, or else as a way to sanctify us
and I do realize that without bad things happening sometimes, good things can’t happen. or at least we wouldn’t know the difference.
but I guess I still struggle with the concept, some things are just really horrible, rape, murder, etC… and God is often compared to our parents. but if you knew your child was about to get raped, or murdered, wouldn’t you try and stop it? and I do believe that God does intervene sometimes, we just don’t know. for example, anyone of us could have died today but maybe God protected us from something that we didn’t know was going to happen. but wouldn’t this violate free will then? if god stopped the hypothetical murderer or rapist?
and what about the things that aren’t a result of sin? natural disasters or just random accidents?
I hope I’m making sense. basically, I’m trying to figure out if God sometimes does intervene in certain things and why not others? and if he does intervene, how does that not violate free will
there is a lot of evil in the world, and sometimes I just don’t know what it’s all for