M
maapple
Guest
What do you do if noone else wants to go to Mass?
On one of our first “dates” my husband and I went to Mass together. Ten years later, God is barely even a part of our lives. We were devout and involved in the Church. Now my husband waits until Sunday to go to work so he’ll have an excuse not to go. If I force my kids to go, the three oldest complain constantly and cut up when we get there. If I go by myself, I cry all the way there and can’t enjoy it.
We’ve had a lot of tragedies in the last few years that contributed to us not going to Church. I miss it, though. I have a hard time praying now and feel like making it Mass on a regular basis would be a good place to start.
Has anyone out there had a similar experience? How do/did you deal with it? It hurts to go and it hurts not to go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
On one of our first “dates” my husband and I went to Mass together. Ten years later, God is barely even a part of our lives. We were devout and involved in the Church. Now my husband waits until Sunday to go to work so he’ll have an excuse not to go. If I force my kids to go, the three oldest complain constantly and cut up when we get there. If I go by myself, I cry all the way there and can’t enjoy it.
We’ve had a lot of tragedies in the last few years that contributed to us not going to Church. I miss it, though. I have a hard time praying now and feel like making it Mass on a regular basis would be a good place to start.
Has anyone out there had a similar experience? How do/did you deal with it? It hurts to go and it hurts not to go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.