going to confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkenn337
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkenn337

Guest
Hello,

Lately I have been going to confession once per week. my background… I’m a 27-year-old stay-at-home father who is blind, catholic, my two-year-old sighted son was baptised catholic, my wife is blind, currently not catholic…ok so now for my question…
Recently I’ve gotten into the habbit of going to confession once per week. Is this a good thing? I’ve had one or two serious sins I’ve been dealing with and going to confession once per week seems to help me avoid these sins much easier than if I were to only go to confession once per year. Alsoo I’m not sure if this is specific to me or others so I’m gunna throw it out here. When in the confessional when the priest ssays “I absolve you from your sins…” I seem to feel a rush of peace/joy/ kind of hard to explain a sudden rush of peaceful-feeling feelingof freedom joy? relief? a feeling/energy that courses through me like through my heart. Do other people have a feeling of freedom, joy and piece when leaving the confessional? This is another reason why I’ve been going to confession. I like having my sins forgiven, I want to take advantage of this opportunity of this particular sacrament, it seems to help me very much to avoid occasions of sin, and well I like the peaceful feeling of peace freedom and joy that I get from God? or Jesus? or the hly spirit? when my sinns are forgiven. I also want to be sin-free when receiviing the eucharist.
So what do you think of this? do others other lay catholics go once per week or more? Will I be blessed more or be made more perfect by God by going to confession once per week?

Josh
 
Background-30 year old single man.

I try to go to confession alot, sometimes weekly.

Whenever I do go, I always get the same thing-relief, peace, you name it. It’s humbiling and truly awe-inspiring. I’ve wept a few times after as well. It’s a combination of The Holy Spirt, Jesus, God…everything. The power of His love is quite remarkable.

God bless you brother.

Tim
 
Jesus instituted these Sacraments for us to use for our spiritual growth and Salvation. Make use of them often, you are already experiencing the blessings. They may not always make you feel as they do now but they are always as effective.
I am again humbled by my own lack of using them that often. 😊
Thank you Brother for the inspiration you have given me in your post.
Bless you
 
Hi, there’s nothing wrong with going to Confession once a week 🙂 I go weekly as well. I heard that Pope John Paul II went every day!

I also get the peaceful feeling you describe, though not always. I think that’s great and a blessing from God. 🙂

God bless!
 
I typically go to Confession once a month. In the sacrament of Confession we grow closer to God. So of course you are feeling His peace. Stay close to the sacraments as you already. May God bless you, your wife, and child.
 
It’s good so long as you’re not being overly scrupulous and confessing the same venial sins over and over.

It depends entirely on you, I think it’s okay so long as you don’t feel that rush of joy because you’re stressing out all week over some venial sin like impure thoughts or short temper, and going to confession relieves that stress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top