P
PMG
Guest
I am 55 y/o and I have been attending Sunday mass, barring illness, since I was a preschooler. Lately, however, attending mass and hearing about a loving God and reading stories about Jesus healing the incurable makes me very bitter.
My 14 y/o son was born with Asberger’s and Cerebral Palsy. He is an explosive child and mentally about 8 or 9. He has to be in a wheelchair most of the time. He asks me why God doesn’t answer his prayers for healing. I tell him something like “it’s God’s will” or “God has something even better than healing in store for you”. The fact is, God has refused my prayers and those of many Christian friends, pleading to allow my son to lead a normal life. I am now trying to accepting the fact that his life is going to be 80 or more years of constant frustration and sorrow.
So I don’t pray anymore. I can’t. Oh, we say the rote prayer before meals as a family, but I don’t personally pray. If God is pleased and content for my child to have this miserable life, then I dont’ really have anything to say to It.
So, if there is a hell, then I suppose that’s where I’m going. Fortunately, any after-life is purely spiritual, i.e. formless energy, and not of any real substance. So how bad can hell be?
My 14 y/o son was born with Asberger’s and Cerebral Palsy. He is an explosive child and mentally about 8 or 9. He has to be in a wheelchair most of the time. He asks me why God doesn’t answer his prayers for healing. I tell him something like “it’s God’s will” or “God has something even better than healing in store for you”. The fact is, God has refused my prayers and those of many Christian friends, pleading to allow my son to lead a normal life. I am now trying to accepting the fact that his life is going to be 80 or more years of constant frustration and sorrow.
So I don’t pray anymore. I can’t. Oh, we say the rote prayer before meals as a family, but I don’t personally pray. If God is pleased and content for my child to have this miserable life, then I dont’ really have anything to say to It.
So, if there is a hell, then I suppose that’s where I’m going. Fortunately, any after-life is purely spiritual, i.e. formless energy, and not of any real substance. So how bad can hell be?