S
Sir2v4
Guest
the other day, I got an email from Crisis Magazine with a link to an article by Dennis Prager discussing why Judaism (and then Christianity) rejected homosexuality.
I found it easy enough and it is worth reading.
http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles2/PragerHomosexuality.php
The prohibition of homosexuality is only one of several prohibitions relating to sexual activity, such as prohibitions of adultery, incest, and such. Prager offers (1993) the surprising insight that all these were revealed in Judaism to uplift the status of women, so that sexuality was expressed only in heterosexual union and not outside of it.
He explains this better than I, and I think everybody should read this article at least once.
I found it easy enough and it is worth reading.
http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles2/PragerHomosexuality.php
The prohibition of homosexuality is only one of several prohibitions relating to sexual activity, such as prohibitions of adultery, incest, and such. Prager offers (1993) the surprising insight that all these were revealed in Judaism to uplift the status of women, so that sexuality was expressed only in heterosexual union and not outside of it.
He explains this better than I, and I think everybody should read this article at least once.
Last edited: