Good Friday question

  • Thread starter Thread starter shark76z
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shark76z

Guest
I’m not Catholic, but I plan to start RCIA in the fall and I just wondered why the Church celebrates the Eucharist on Good Friday. I’ve always thought Good Friday is the day we meditate on Jesus’ death.

Thanks
:signofcross:
 
I’m not Catholic, but I plan to start RCIA in the fall and I just wondered why the Church celebrates the Eucharist on Good Friday. I’ve always thought Good Friday is the day we meditate on Jesus’ death.

Thanks
:signofcross:
The Eucharist is not celebrated on Good Friday. We have the Celebration of the Lord’s Passion, which consists of a Liturgy of the Word, including the Passion according to John; the Veneration of the Cross; and Communion from the reserved Blessed Sacrament that was consecrated at the Mass of the Lord’s Supper on Holy Thursday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top