T
Tim_Cleveland
Guest
Being a protestant, I agree with a coupel of these in partiuclar.
Ravi Zacharias is an excellent speaker and not a Ctholic basher in my opinion. You can listen to some of his clips at rzim.org He is a philosopher. He is a philosopher and does a great job of refuting the the anti-religion “intellectuals” of the day. He has a staff of apologists that he trains and works with.
I also agree on RC Sproul that can be heard at ligonier.org Again, not a virulent anti-Catholic. Our local AM radio station is running a series of his on the Apostles/Nicean Creed which is excellent. As a life long Protestant, I had never even heard of the creed until I started going to church with my wife. Sproul uses it a guide to Christian life. I have also heard him teach that Protestants should not have a problem with Sacramental confession, perhaps one of the top three most villfied (wrongly) sacraments by Protestants. On the other hand, I have heard him say that he would not in good conscience attend a Catholic mass as he considers bowing to the eucharist as idolatry.
To these I woudl add Allistair Begg. See him at truthforlife.com He is to Protestant teaching what I think Fr. John Corapi is to Catholic teraching. The most unapologetic of the Apologists to the extent that he pulls no punches. He is not afraid to call sin what it is. Perhaps because of this or in spite of it, he is one of the most sought after speakers in conservatiove evangelicalism today. He is the Pastor of a mega church here in the CLeveland area that I have always intended to go and visit, but never heave.
Chuck Swindoll, Irwin Lutzer, Tony Evans, are good as well. There is also another guy who preaches heavily on marriage whose name I am forgetting. Something liek Tommy Johns or soemthing.
Thanks,
Tim
Ravi Zacharias is an excellent speaker and not a Ctholic basher in my opinion. You can listen to some of his clips at rzim.org He is a philosopher. He is a philosopher and does a great job of refuting the the anti-religion “intellectuals” of the day. He has a staff of apologists that he trains and works with.
I also agree on RC Sproul that can be heard at ligonier.org Again, not a virulent anti-Catholic. Our local AM radio station is running a series of his on the Apostles/Nicean Creed which is excellent. As a life long Protestant, I had never even heard of the creed until I started going to church with my wife. Sproul uses it a guide to Christian life. I have also heard him teach that Protestants should not have a problem with Sacramental confession, perhaps one of the top three most villfied (wrongly) sacraments by Protestants. On the other hand, I have heard him say that he would not in good conscience attend a Catholic mass as he considers bowing to the eucharist as idolatry.
To these I woudl add Allistair Begg. See him at truthforlife.com He is to Protestant teaching what I think Fr. John Corapi is to Catholic teraching. The most unapologetic of the Apologists to the extent that he pulls no punches. He is not afraid to call sin what it is. Perhaps because of this or in spite of it, he is one of the most sought after speakers in conservatiove evangelicalism today. He is the Pastor of a mega church here in the CLeveland area that I have always intended to go and visit, but never heave.
Chuck Swindoll, Irwin Lutzer, Tony Evans, are good as well. There is also another guy who preaches heavily on marriage whose name I am forgetting. Something liek Tommy Johns or soemthing.
Thanks,
Tim