S
Shin
Guest
A beautiful homily from Audio Sancto on the virtues of a delicate conscience.
I so rarely hear a delicate conscience praised, that I wanted to share this. I find many people troubled by their consciences for real and true reasons but viewed as for the wrong reasons, because so many worldly people cannot agree with the level of devotion God calls us to, the level of holiness.
Let us aim for a milk white holiness, in which there is not a spot or speck. Let us part company with the world and put ourselves in the hands of God.
Let us be boy scouts and true maids, holy men and holy women, and love our delicate consciences.
‘Even if saints have fallen into sins of frailty such as venial faults of imperfect attention, from such imperfections no one is exempt, but all deliberate and fully voluntary venial sins may be avoided and are seldom or never committed by holy souls who live with a firm and constant resolution to rather suffer death than with full attention be guilty of a venial violation of God’s law.’
St. Alphonsus Liguori
I so rarely hear a delicate conscience praised, that I wanted to share this. I find many people troubled by their consciences for real and true reasons but viewed as for the wrong reasons, because so many worldly people cannot agree with the level of devotion God calls us to, the level of holiness.
Let us aim for a milk white holiness, in which there is not a spot or speck. Let us part company with the world and put ourselves in the hands of God.
Let us be boy scouts and true maids, holy men and holy women, and love our delicate consciences.
‘Even if saints have fallen into sins of frailty such as venial faults of imperfect attention, from such imperfections no one is exempt, but all deliberate and fully voluntary venial sins may be avoided and are seldom or never committed by holy souls who live with a firm and constant resolution to rather suffer death than with full attention be guilty of a venial violation of God’s law.’
St. Alphonsus Liguori