S
sakay
Guest
I haven’t been here long, more searching then being involved. Trying I guess to find a place to belong, while also struggling to reach out to God and make Him a part of my life that has been missing for a long time.
For over a year I have been spending time every morning to pray the rosary and read the bible. It has always been a struggle, not sure if God was listening, was present or anything since I never seem to feel His presence. Then I would try to attend the Mass everyday, when possible. Still, I felt out of place, still unclear if my attempts to come closer to God was what he wanted. I ask for no miracle, just maybe a little peace in my life, a sense of acceptence. I don’t know.
This morning when I went to my private place to be with God, I asked Him if this time I give to him was acceptible to Him, because I didn’t feel any closer then when I started, then I listened.
My husband, who was at the computer, knowing I spent the time in morning praying, decided he wanted to watch a news video, this meant turning up the sound. Mind you he usually is pretty quiet for me. Well I couldn’t consentrate, became frustrated and discouraged. So I walked away. Was that God’s answer me, I don’t know. But I sure feel that it was made clear I was not getting any closer and the struggle is getting harder every day.
Since we have other plans, thought I would watch the Mass on TV this morning. Keep trying I guess, but another dissapointment. Without being rude, the priest this morning is one I have a hard time listening to. Not his fault, I just don’t think he is a good speaker. Long story short, too upset and frustrated to give it a try. So I do what I always do, work. A way to get rid of my frustrations. Right or wrong I feel that the message is clear, the time is not right for me.
God Bless you all.
For over a year I have been spending time every morning to pray the rosary and read the bible. It has always been a struggle, not sure if God was listening, was present or anything since I never seem to feel His presence. Then I would try to attend the Mass everyday, when possible. Still, I felt out of place, still unclear if my attempts to come closer to God was what he wanted. I ask for no miracle, just maybe a little peace in my life, a sense of acceptence. I don’t know.
This morning when I went to my private place to be with God, I asked Him if this time I give to him was acceptible to Him, because I didn’t feel any closer then when I started, then I listened.
My husband, who was at the computer, knowing I spent the time in morning praying, decided he wanted to watch a news video, this meant turning up the sound. Mind you he usually is pretty quiet for me. Well I couldn’t consentrate, became frustrated and discouraged. So I walked away. Was that God’s answer me, I don’t know. But I sure feel that it was made clear I was not getting any closer and the struggle is getting harder every day.
Since we have other plans, thought I would watch the Mass on TV this morning. Keep trying I guess, but another dissapointment. Without being rude, the priest this morning is one I have a hard time listening to. Not his fault, I just don’t think he is a good speaker. Long story short, too upset and frustrated to give it a try. So I do what I always do, work. A way to get rid of my frustrations. Right or wrong I feel that the message is clear, the time is not right for me.
God Bless you all.
