Gospel of Luke: Commentary help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dolling
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dolling

Guest
I am looking for a good Catholic commentary on St Luke’s Gospel, in print if possible, and devotional rather than high scholarship.

Please can you help?
 
I am looking for a good Catholic commentary on St Luke’s Gospel, in print if possible, and devotional rather than high scholarship.

Please can you help?
I’ve never heard of any commentary being devotional rather than scholarly.

Ignatius Catholic Study Bible has an excellent commentary on The Gopsel Of Luke.
 
I am looking for a good Catholic commentary on St Luke’s Gospel, in print if possible, and devotional rather than high scholarship.

Please can you help?
my first recommendation for this purpose is the series on each gospel from Word Among Us wau.org
they also have excellent short-term bible studies on specific topics good for individuals or small groups
 
I will second Epistemes on Sacra Pagina. I am currently teaching Luke from this book and will next teach Acts as a continuation of Luke, using his text. It is quite possible to make parts of the study devotional. In the last class, we read the Suffering Servant Song from Isaiah and the 22nd Psalm. In a previous class, I played a selection from Messiah.
Another consideration is to read Luke using the method of lectio divina. There are books that explain it, but it might be best to get your priest to help to get you started in this method of approaching Scripture.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top