Grace and Holy Spirit in OT

  • Thread starter Thread starter peeteyg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peeteyg

Guest
I am wondering if grace was given to adam and eve or the jews in the OT ? Jesus left us the holy spirit to guide us after the resurrection. Were the OT characters given grace and the holy spirit or were they part of the the New Covenant instituted by christ. I wonder if Adam and Eve failed in the Garden because they weren’t given grace or guided by holy spirit to help overcome sin. I do not know the answer to this question and it has been in my mind lately. It is said that the OT covenant is a curse and is a system of debt that either require obedience or disobedience. Looking forward to good answers.
 
I know that in genesis it says that the spirit of the lord was over the land and water. I know this is the holy spirit but any basis for interaction with man. I know that god said let us make man in our image, this shows the holy trinity but any grace for man. Is it that grace is simply more defined or explained in NT but did exist?
 
Adam and Eve were created and were filled with Grace (the LORD God formed man out of the clay of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life). Other OT characters were filled with the Holy Spirit. Now Joshua, son of Nun, was filled with the spirit of wisdom, and Sirach speaks of the man who seeks God - *** Then, if it pleases the LORD Almighty, he will be filled with the spirit of understanding; He will pour forth his words of wisdom and in prayer give thanks to the LORD***,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top