Grace Community Church hosts indoor Sunday service in defiance of court order

• Thread starter Thread starter Rahn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"MacArthur said following all the rules would “completely shut the church down.”

Thousands of churches around the country have managed in corona times, so I don’t buy this excuse.

What about MacArthur’s main point that the gathering of God’s people to worship in community is an essential service?

Well, yeah, it does. MacArthur’s position has been that he and his church are following the laws of God, which supercede the laws of man. Particularly when the law of man allows murder as an essential service but deems the right of man to worship his God in community unessential.

It’s not just a question of contagion. If it was, the abortion clinics would be closed as well. It’s selective enforcement, with murder being allowed and worship not allowed.

Again, I don’t think one thing has anything to do with the other. One is a clinic setting and the other is a mass gathering. Two totally different things. And this pastor admitted to not being able to comply with health and safety standards outlined for covid.

Last edited:
It seems that the Archdioces of Los Angeles (of which the celebrated Bishop Robert Barron is a member) agrees with your position. I’m at least glad that someone is fighting from God’s point of view. It’s a shame that it’s not the “One True” church.

There are churches open and holding Mass all over my archdiocese every day, following the rules.

What’s so special about this guy and his church that he can’t also follow the rules?

Thoughts?
I’m pretty confident that both sides of this debate are pretty well rooted in their position. There may be some venting and lashing out in this thread, but a meaningful and productive discussion on yet another politicised issue is very unlikely.

Last edited:
Fascinating to see some on CAF defend the ridiculous whining from John MacArthur, who might as well be behind those Chick Tracts.

Last edited:
As far as I know, abortion isn’t contagious.
But at CAF, everything is abortion. After all, logically, because. 😏
Fascinating to see some on CAF defend the ridiculous whining from John MacArthur, who might as well be behind those Chick Tracts.
I do not think he has ever had any association with Jack Chick. In fact, I am near certain of it. His anti-catholicism as always centered more around reason. I should know. JM’s use of reason is one of the big reasons I am Catholic today.
What’s so special about this guy and his church that he can’t also follow the rules?
That is the better question. Is this just an LA thing? Are all churches shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back