R
randomusername
Guest
While I was browsing some sites that I found after googling about Vatican II, I found mentions of a thing called the “Great Chastisement”. They talked about Our Lady of Fatima and how the world will be punished for the falling away of Faith and how this stuff was predicted. They also mention how Pope Leo XIII had a vision in 1884 where Satan said he could destroy the Church and Jesus said he had 100 years to do so. They seem to think that the 100 years started in 1914 or 1917 due WW1 starting in 1914(WW1 was also the end of the last major Catholic monarchy, they say) or 1917 because that was when Our Lady of Fatima appeared and it’s when Russia fell to the evils of Communism. These sites seemed extremely untrustworthy so I don’t believe but some of them quoted Popes and Our Lady of Fatima talking about similar things. So although I know that a lot of what these sites say is false, I ask does the Church say anything on this “Great Chastisement” or is the entire concept just made up?
Note: I’m going to repeat this just in case. I don’t trust these sites and I know that a lot of the stuff they say is obviously stretched or false, but I am just curious as to if the entire concept is made up.
EDIT: They also mention something about three days of darkness.
Note: I’m going to repeat this just in case. I don’t trust these sites and I know that a lot of the stuff they say is obviously stretched or false, but I am just curious as to if the entire concept is made up.
EDIT: They also mention something about three days of darkness.