Green Scapular

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbaron998
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my husband was alive and very distanced from the Church, I put a blessed Green Scapular under our mattress and prayed a lot for him over the years. One day we were turning the mattress together, and he spotted the scapular and was very upset, knowing it was a sacramental that I put there. I said nothing and stayed calm. 🙂

Fast forward a few years (and many more prayers!) and two years before his death he started to become interested in the Church, since he had been diagnosed with cancer several years before that.

Four months before his death he went to confession and was so joyous when he came out! Three days before his death the priest came to our home with the Eucharist and gave him the last rites. He died happy and peaceful in our home a few days later, surrounded by our eight children who were able to fly in and make it on time for this event.
Thank you so much for the happy story Dorothy! I know this is the hope and prayer of so many with the Green Scapular! All of us praying together! 😃

“Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”

And thanks to MS for other scapular stories too! 😃
 
You’re welcome! It’s good for all of us when we share the wonderful outcomes of our prayers.
 
When my husband was alive and very distanced from the Church, I put a blessed Green Scapular under our mattress and prayed a lot for him over the years. One day we were turning the mattress together, and he spotted the scapular and was very upset, knowing it was a sacramental that I put there. I said nothing and stayed calm. 🙂

Fast forward a few years (and many more prayers!) and two years before his death he started to become interested in the Church, since he had been diagnosed with cancer several years before that.

Four months before his death he went to confession and was so joyous when he came out! Three days before his death the priest came to our home with the Eucharist and gave him the last rites. He died happy and peaceful in our home a few days later, surrounded by our eight children who were able to fly in and make it on time for this event.
Thanks for sharing your story, Dorothy. 🙂
 
🙂

JESUS IS OUR LIFE:

1 Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” -Jesus, in John 14.

SWEETNESS:

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. -Paul, in Ephesians 5:2.

AND OUR HOPE:

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope,

2 To Timothy, a true son in the faith:

Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord… -Paul, in 1 Timothy 1.

JESUS IS THE MEDIATOR OF ALL DIVINE GRACES:

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. -Gospel of John, chapter 1.

5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time… -Paul, in 1 Timothy 2.

JESUS IS OUR GRACIOUS ADVOCATE:

1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. - 1 John 2.

18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted. -Paul, in Hebrews 2.

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. -Paul, in Hebrews 4.

25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. 26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. -Paul, in Hebrews 7.

In the Gospel of John, chapter 17, Jesus prays to the Father for us. 20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

To HIM do we cry (?)

And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, when they heard that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, “Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!” -Matthew 20:30.

Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, “You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. -John 7:28.

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.” -Jesus. Matthew 11:28-30.

“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.” -Jesus. John 6:37.

To HIM do we pray (?)

“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” -Jesus. John 14:13-14.

“And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” -Jesus. John 16:23-28.

1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. -Paul, in 1 Timothy 2.

1 John 5:10-15. John. 10 “He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God: has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have everlasting life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”

👍
 
Since I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere in this thread, I thought I would to add that the promises of that Our Lady gave to Sister Justine Biqueyburu pertaining to the Green Scapular of her Immaculate Heart are similar to the promises of the Brown Scapular of the Carmelite order. They are:

Promises/Benefits
  1. Conversion of those who do not have the faith
  2. Reconciliation to the Church for those who have lost/strayed from the faith
  3. Assurance of a happy death
  4. Strengthening of the faith for those already in the Church
  5. Protection from Satan for those who wear or promote the scapular
 
For example, one person I know has it under her mattress for the conversion of her husband.
I have a non religious relative who had their wife do this without telling him… when he found out he almost devorced her… In the end she even stopped going to mass because of the bad fealing it was causing in the marriage. Before this happened he didn’t care if she went and took the kids but after became extremely anti religion for a long time.

Doing things in secret is a dangerous game.
 
I have a non religious relative who had their wife do this without telling him… when he found out he almost devorced her… In the end she even stopped going to mass because of the bad fealing it was causing in the marriage. Before this happened he didn’t care if she went and took the kids but after became extremely anti religion for a long time.

Doing things in secret is a dangerous game.
Believers do not have to be afraid. It takes vigilance and prayer to be bold in the truth. It sounds like she was intimidated by his anger and allowed it to cause much fear.

Doing things with faith, hope, and love, by the power of the Holy Spirit, backed with prayer is not dangerous, and results in victory. The means given to us by Jesus Christ is available to all who reach out in faith.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top