M
MirandaRiver
Guest
Hi everyone…
As I come from a spiritual path that is always offering guidance and more things to work on and spiritually develop myself - I was wondering if Catholics after conversion feel that after they have completed RCIA?
I know that through my own spiritual practice through reflection and meditation I become aware of aspects of myself that I need to work on, or get guidance on where I need to change or move my energies into - for the betterment of myself and those around me. Often these are tough challenges and important to help me grow as a person - but do Catholics feel the same? Or is it just you do as your told and turn up to Mass?
A lot of ‘cradle catholics’ that I know seem to just go through the motions of Mass when they have to, and they talk about the stories of Easter and Christmas, but without that ‘glow’ that converts seem to.
But I was wondering if the glow and the personal development of the self and your faith continues to do that after the honeymoon period of being in the Church?
As I come from a spiritual path that is always offering guidance and more things to work on and spiritually develop myself - I was wondering if Catholics after conversion feel that after they have completed RCIA?
I know that through my own spiritual practice through reflection and meditation I become aware of aspects of myself that I need to work on, or get guidance on where I need to change or move my energies into - for the betterment of myself and those around me. Often these are tough challenges and important to help me grow as a person - but do Catholics feel the same? Or is it just you do as your told and turn up to Mass?
A lot of ‘cradle catholics’ that I know seem to just go through the motions of Mass when they have to, and they talk about the stories of Easter and Christmas, but without that ‘glow’ that converts seem to.
But I was wondering if the glow and the personal development of the self and your faith continues to do that after the honeymoon period of being in the Church?