Guaranteed safety from hell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter non_existence
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
<<That is quite sad my friend, the truth is in your heart, not an institution…>>

The “institution” you speak of is what we believe to be the “one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church” that speaks with the voice of Christ.
 
“I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” (Galatians 2:21)

I guess I don’t understand what the problem is. Paul is clearly telling the Galatians that they cannot be saved by adherence to the Mosaic Law and other Jewish customs.

Why would any Catholic disagree with that?
 
Alright, I got a PM too, so here’s my contribution to the thread:

Your goal in life shouldn’t be too avoid hell with 100% certainty…it should be to love God 110%. And if you love God with all your heart and you demonstrate that love in the way you live your life by His comandments and deal with others, then you’re on the right path to heaven. :angel1:
 
I got the PM on Sunday the 27th, before N_E ever posted publically on this forum.
My cousin got the exact one (word for word), the very next day.

Neither of us replied, since we didn’t feel as if we were qualified to give that kind of advice.

I happen to agree with dkoinzan:
“There is no guarantee safety from hell. It is only by the grace of God that each one of us aren’t there. None of us deserves to get to heaven.”
I once heard on EWTN that one of Mother Theresa’s prayers was, “Jesus, help me get to Heaven.” I think it worked for her! 🙂
(Note: I’m in no way suggesting that’ll keep a person from going to hell, but it’s still a beautiful prayer.)​

I’ve, since, prayed that prayer every day and hope in Jesus!

God Bless!
 
I got a PM this morning, too. The OP also wanted to know the best way to practice generosity and compassion in daily life. He also stated he wasn’t Catholic.
After about 2 1/2 hours in prayer, study, and typing, I sent the message and I guess the mailbox was full and now I’m on this thread finding out the whole deal.
oh, well. i guess this was God telling me I wasn’t spending enough time with Him.
Does this mean I can be 100% certain to avoid hell? 🙂
 
God’s Plan of Salvation

The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven
Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6)

Good works cannot save you.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Trust Jesus Christ today! Here’s what you must do:
  1. Admit you are a sinner.
    “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Romans 5:12)

“If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)
  1. Be willing to turn from sin (repent).
    Jesus said: “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)
“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:” (Acts 17:30)
  1. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
    “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condem the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:16,17)
“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
  1. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour.
    “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10)
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)

What to pray:

Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” (John 1:12)

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, as a Christian you should:
  1. Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better.
    “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalms 119:105)
  1. Talk to God in prayer every day.
    “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22)
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Philippians 4:6)
  1. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
    “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19)
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16)
  1. Tell others about Christ.
    “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)
“For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16)

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
 
I got a PM this morning, too. The OP also wanted to know the best way to practice generosity and compassion in daily life. He also stated he wasn’t Catholic.
After about 2 1/2 hours in prayer, study, and typing, I sent the message and I guess the mailbox was full and now I’m on this thread finding out the whole deal.
oh, well. i guess this was God telling me I wasn’t spending enough time with Him.
Does this mean I can be 100% certain to avoid hell? 🙂
Your PM is a little different than mine.
“Greetings,
Sorry to bother you, but I’m new to the Catholic religion and I have a very important question…”
I guess he/she changed his/her mind since sending me the PM on the 28th.
Strange.

PAX,

Jullien
 
Alright, I got a PM too, so here’s my contribution to the thread:

Your goal in life shouldn’t be too avoid hell with 100% certainty…it should be to love God 110%. And if you love God with all your heart and you demonstrate that love in the way you live your life by His comandments and deal with others, then you’re on the right path to heaven. :angel1:
👍 👍
 
Non_existence has been banned…I’ll bet he hacked the data base. You can’t send that many PM’s manually…
I think he was trying to provoke uncertainty in Catholics, who objectively have (by virtue of the sacraments) the greatest hope in salvation. St. Pope Pius X used to say that the easiest way to heaven is regular confession and communion.
Just keep in mind…“To whom much is given, much is expected.”
 
I guess I got the original pm from him back on the 27th - I told him it’s probably best to start a thread.
 
Non_existence has been banned…I’ll bet he hacked the data base. You can’t send that many PM’s manually…
I think he was trying to provoke uncertainty in Catholics
, who objectively have (by virtue of the sacraments) the greatest hope in salvation. St. Pope Pius X used to say that the easiest way to heaven is regular confession and communion.
Just keep in mind…“To whom much is given, much is expected.”
I don’t know. If you think about it: Five at a time over a period of three days… That’s if he/she were continually at it most of the day and night.
Although I admit; it would be rather tedious.

As far as hacking goes… I can’t even imagine how people are able to do it. I’m not very computer literate when it comes to that kind of stuff.

As for the strange question; my cousin and I agree on your reasoning.

It’s a shame, because it could have been a decent discussion.
Some of the opinions of the posters here are very good in helping people get spiritually closer to the Lord.

God Bless!
 
God’s Plan of Salvation

The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven
Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6)

Good works cannot save you.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Trust Jesus Christ today! Here’s what you must do:
  1. Admit you are a sinner.
    “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Romans 5:12)

“If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)
  1. Be willing to turn from sin (repent).
    Jesus said: “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)
“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:” (Acts 17:30)
  1. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
    “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condem the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:16,17)
“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
  1. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour.
    “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10)
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)

What to pray:

Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” (John 1:12)

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, as a Christian you should:
  1. Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better.
    “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalms 119:105)
  1. Talk to God in prayer every day.
    “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22)
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Philippians 4:6)
  1. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
    “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19)
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16)
  1. Tell others about Christ.
    “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)
“For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16)

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
Excuse me, but this comes straight out of Jack Chick. The numbered items are what he prints at the end of all of his poisonous little comic books. Your credibility is now less than zero.
 
Excuse me, but this comes straight out of Jack Chick. The numbered items are what he prints at the end of all of his poisonous little comic books. Your credibility is now less than zero.
I can’t believe anybody could take those “cartoons” seriously… :rotfl:

Thanks for the link. I’ve got to pass it onto my friends. They won’t believe their eyes!

God Bless you!!!
 
Excuse me, but this comes straight out of Jack Chick. The numbered items are what he prints at the end of all of his poisonous little comic books. Your credibility is now less than zero.
Thanks for the heads-up. 👍
Interesting tracts.

Unfortunately, I was drinking soda when I saw the bit about the “Death Cookie”.
Almost splattered my keyboard.

Is this guy for real?

PAX,

Jullien
 
Thanks for the heads-up. 👍
Interesting tracts.

Unfortunately, I was drinking soda when I saw the bit about the “Death Cookie”.
Almost splattered my keyboard.

Is this guy for real?

PAX,

Jullien
Unfortunately…yes.

They were laughing on the Two Priests question and answer show (forgot the name but Fr’s Trujillio & Levis??) on EWTN. Fr. Levis pointed out that pancakes are round, cookies are round and so on. That is how batter pours out.

North
 
Thanks for the heads-up. 👍
Interesting tracts.

Unfortunately, I was drinking soda when I saw the bit about the “Death Cookie”.
Almost splattered my keyboard.

Is this guy for real?

PAX,

Jullien
You bet. The Vatican has a whole database dedicated just to him, and Pope Benedict has personally commissioned a mind-control laser configured to his precise brainwave signature designed to convert him to the Roman Heresy, using technology that Opus Dei is sworn to keep secret at all costs, and a squadron of armed Jesuits in an armored van follows him wherever he goes.

Just ask him!
 
Unfortunately…yes.

They were laughing on the Two Priests question and answer show (forgot the name but Fr’s Trujillio & Levis??) on EWTN. Fr. Levis pointed out that pancakes are round, cookies are round and so on. That is how batter pours out.

North
I don’t blame them. I had to laugh, too, when I saw “death cookie”.
In fact, I got a few phone calls, this morning, from the people I sent that link to. They basically asked the same question Jullien did. “Is this guy serious?” “Do people really believe that nonsense?” etc.
Even my “Born Again” Believer friend thinks this guy’s a few cents short of a buck.

It’s one thing not to agree with the Catholic Church; it’s quite another to be so hateful toward it.
I have a tough time taking people like this Chick fellow, seriously.
His cartoons reveal a lot about the man, IMNSHO.

I still can’t believe anyone can take this man seriously! :nope:

BTW: The show is called “Web of Faith”. It’s usually on at 4:00 p.m. on Satrudays and EWTN has audio archives of it over at their site.

God Bless!
 
You bet. The Vatican has a whole database dedicated just to him, and Pope Benedict has personally commissioned a mind-control laser configured to his precise brainwave signature designed to convert him to the Roman Heresy, using technology that Opus Dei is sworn to keep secret at all costs, and a squadron of armed Jesuits in an armored van follows him wherever he goes.

Just ask him!
:rotfl: You’re a riot, Victorious!!! :rotfl:

Thanks so much for posting that link. You made about a dozen people laugh between last night and this afternoon!

God Bless you and yours!
 
I don’t know. If you think about it: Five at a time over a period of three days… That’s if he/she were continually at it most of the day and night.
Although I admit; it would be rather tedious.

As far as hacking goes… I can’t even imagine how people are able to do it. I’m not very computer literate when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Hacking tools can be downloaded fron the net and operated like any other software. The real hackers are the ones who write these ‘exploits’ but there are plenty of people who know how easy these tools are to download and execute.

Non_existence did something to incur a ban. I can’t see anthing in his few posts that would warrant it.

BTW…thank you Victorious for exposing A1Invoice’s post as an excerpt from Jack Chick…good form! My first thought when I saw that A1’s post was “…he’s really put some thought and time into this post”…quite the contrary.

I’d like to see more quotes from the saints touching the subject of this thread. Please post any that you might have.
They really help to strike the balance that our dispositions must hold.
In truth, only the indwelling of the Spirit can transcend our human wisdom and right our dispositions. For the saints this was their only reality and that is why their words contain the wisdom of God.
 
I don’t blame them. I had to laugh, too, when I saw “death cookie”.

BTW: The show is called “Web of Faith”. It’s usually on at 4:00 p.m. on Satrudays and EWTN has audio archives of it over at their site.

God Bless!
Thanks. I enjoy them. Fr. Trujillio gave a touching answer to a question about what influenced him to join the priesthood. On of his big influences was Fr. Levis.

On the “death cookie” issue it is sad that someone who seems very parnoid like Chick believes these things. It is worse that soe many others seem to be. QUITE BIZARRE! I have had discussions on another forum with a devotee. There was no getting through. It was as if Jack Chick wrote scholarly journals.

RevDrNorth
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top